Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to rejailbreak my device

Default I want to rejailbreak my device
    My iPhone has lots of glitches now its an iPhone for 6.1.2 with a untethered jailbreak I wish to restore it to 6.1.2 but before I try anything I wish for some tips like do I have to do anything before I restore

Back up. Make sure u are using Semi-restore or iLex-Rat to restore your device

So all I have to do is backup and use semi-restore ?

I already used semi restore and it worked but my iPhone lost all storage and I'm thinking that my music library went to others cause it's all greyed out any ideas on how to fix it I don't want to lose my jailbreak

Nevermind figures it put on my own just used semi-restore again

Actually, iLEX RAT works way better then Semi-Restore. Your results will turn out much better if you use the terminal command instead of the UI application. Just run "rat" in MobileTerminal (without quotes) and choose option "12".

However, neither Semi-Restore nor iLEX RAT are *true* restores. They are just tools that wipe the device of all content except Cydia & the jailbreak.

If you really want a true restore you will have to use iTunes 10.7 (not 11.1+) and you must have 6.1.2 SHSH blobs. I recommend iFaith. iFaith will extract the 6.1.2 SHSH blobs that are currently on the device. Once you have your blobs, build an iPSW w/ iFaith or Sn0wbreeze.

I used iLEX RAT on my 6.1.3 tethered jailbreak and it works well....but I still had issues(pretty sure it was because I drastically changed internal files that iLEX RAT would not fix). Though, had I not made those internal changes I think iLEX RAT would have worked beautifully.

But I still had issues, so I decides to restore to a custom SHSH blob iPSW I built w/ Sn0wbreeze. I had to downgrade iTunes to 10.7 then once that was done, I could DFU restore to my custom iPSW as I always could. This method is the way to go if you changed some internal files that iLEX RAT would not know to clean up. However, if you never made any changes to the internal file system, and are experiencing bugs solely from Cydia packages (too many, incompatible, etc) then iLEX RAT should work just fine.