Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re jailbreak iphone 5

Default Re jailbreak iphone 5
    Ok so the shsh blobs dont work so u cant do a restore threw itunes is what i read ? So wat if in settings on your phone you just "erase all " or reset phone or what ever one it is will that unjailbreak it leaving it on 6.1.2 then just re jailbreak it ? Only reason i ask is im having a few problems here and there threw out cydia and sources and all help topics said re jailbreak .. Which is fine back in 2010 ! But now u cant ! Any1 have any ideas or just hold tight till ios 7 and possible ios 7 jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,206 Times in 6,212 Posts

There is no way to restore to a fresh OS on an i5 to 6.1.2, if you do a "reset all settings or erase all contents and settings" on a jailbroken device, you will be force to do a complete restore. It causes major issues.
    There is no way to re-jailbreak your 5 once you move above 6.1.2 firmware.
    If your not experiencing any issues and what to keep your jailbreak, just leave it alone or wait a few months and hope a new jailbreak happens for OS 7.x.x soon.

I was having problems with apps stuck on "waiting" and i did a reset all settings (no media will be lost) it said and everything went well so i guess thats as far as my experience goes lol i think i should stop messing with it till a new jailbreak or update is released incase i .. Mess .. Up lol

I assume this goes for an Iphone 4S as well? If I'm currently jailbroken at 6.1.2 and would like to restore my phone and start over from scratch, my only option is to upgrade to 6.1.3 and therefore lose my ability to jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

That's correct