Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 Jailbreak Help - STUCK

Default New iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 Jailbreak Help - STUCK
    Hi all... my beloved jailbroken 6.1.2 Verizon iPhone was stolen last week, so I had to get a new one. Having avoided updates, I wasn't aware every new phone replacement I got was going to be on 6.1.3. So I found a new 6.1.2 iphone on Ebay, bought it (for a fortune) then tried to activate it this morning. Verizon was having some issue getting it to activate, so the nice (but moron) lady on the other end had me do a "erase and restore" to try to solve the activation problem.

Well, I didn't know until now that is a big no-no on an already jailbroken iPhone. So now I'm stuck in some weird limbo where I can't restore (it hangs) and Cydia (although it appears) just hangs and flashes and won't load.

So even though I have a 6.1.2 firmware phone, I'm now in some quasi-state. Is it truly a brick now (as far as jailbreaking)? There is no way to manually get Cydia back on the phone or fix this mess? I hate Apple for this nonsense.

Hoping someone knows of a way to manually get Cydia or file system fixed on the 6.1.2 firmware to fix what the restore caused or get Cydia to load.

Thanks immensely for ideas or answers (either way).

Did u try power and home button at same time for like 30 sec i think or till apple logo appears ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, check if Evasi0n recognises your iPhone, if so, might be worth re-jailbreaking.

If its already jailbroke and u plug it into evasion can u re jailbreak without like un jailbreaking ?

Or wont that cause problems like downloading and installing 2 cydia apps off 2 sources one goes then the other will give u errors -.- i hate packages that require sumthing i already have installed then i get errors

Thanks

Hi, only done this with Redsn0w, but when you re-jailbreak and leave the install Cydia option ticked, Cydia clears your installed tweak list so it appears you have no tweaks installed even though they are still there. I just reinstalled them so Cydia had them listed again. I have not had the misfortune to try this with Evasi0n yet!

Thanks

Yeah, this is going to suck...

Your phone is essentially in a "tethered jailbreak" state. However, since the 5 cannot use the limera1n exploit (or anything else that we know of) to get the device to boot right now, I'm sorry to say that you'll probably need to restore (to 6.1.4) to get a working device.

EDIT: Oh, it actually boots into SpringBoard? Huh. The previous owner must not have installed squat in terms of tweaks on there...

The device may not work very well (certain stock apps may not behave, Weather.app and Safari.app immediately come to mind). The device cannot run unsigned code though, so Cydia and its ilk are still totally out of the question.
    Last edited by Orby; 05-09-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

Hi, question, if its in a tethered state, could you SSH into it and install the evasiOn 6.0-6.1.2 Untether deb or even re-run the EvasiOn jailbreak?