Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Sprint iPhone 5, still OK to JB?

Default New Sprint iPhone 5, still OK to JB?
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I found your forum and I hope someone will answer me...

I just purchased a Sprint iPhone 5 from a 3rd party. Haven't even unwrapped and opened the box yet. If this has 6.1.2 or less on it (which I'm assuming that it can't possibly have 6.1.3 on it), can I still jb it using evasi0n? I want to be sure I can do this before I open it because I want to use a GPP sim interposer to unlock it.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes if it has 6.1.2 or lower you can jailbreak it.

Yeah, just check and see what version of iOS you are using. As long as it isn't 6.1.3, you're good.

Default Thanks!
    Thank you, 2k1 and Abosworth!

Thanks

Ya welcome need anything else let us know.

Is there anyway to down graded from 6.1.4 . Had my iPhone 5 jailbroken and was forced to update because it went crazy on me, it wouldn't get out of the apple from when you first turn on the phone. Not being being Jailbroken sucks major balls, please help. 2k1

Thanks

Can't downgrade bro not on iPhone 5 sorry for the bad news.

why cant you downgrade? i don't get it. It's not impossible to bypass the software check if you know what your doing?

Thanks

If that's the case then te devs would have made a tool to use. Something about the exploits for the A5 devices that can't be downgraded.

Well. a computer is easily hacked. A phone is no exception.. If you were to view the root file system on an iphone it would have to have a file that deals with the activation and carrier lock settings am i right? It's just a matter of finding the file.

If the iphone must go through an apple server to downgrade, This is the same theory. Finding the file that deals with the checks and modifying the code to not check or verify. In this case there are tools that can restore ipsw files so it should be downgraded through the software which is custom developed by a thirdparty (etc redsn0w).

I could be entirly wrong in which i apologize. However looking into phones has got me curious about this now. 2k1, So i dont change the topic ofthis thread ill pm you a question i am very curious about.

As for what i've said though, Nothing is impossible. and sure there may not be a current exploit for A5 however the way i see it is, Why exploit? modify and extend is the solution.

Thanks

I'm not sure bro that's way over my head. Something with apticket. And apple is the main reason they closing the windows of the firmwares. Couple of months ago something happend and they opened all windows on firmwares for about 2 hours. Which allowing people to downgrade there iphone 5 iPad mini iPad 4 to lower firmwares but when they closed them back up it was over and now we back here again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkles1320 View Post
    Well. a computer is easily hacked. A phone is no exception.. If you were to view the root file system on an iphone it would have to have a file that deals with the activation and carrier lock settings am i right? It's just a matter of finding the file.

If the iphone must go through an apple server to downgrade, This is the same theory. Finding the file that deals with the checks and modifying the code to not check or verify. In this case there are tools that can restore ipsw files so it should be downgraded through the software which is custom developed by a thirdparty (etc redsn0w).

I could be entirly wrong in which i apologize. However looking into phones has got me curious about this now. 2k1, So i dont change the topic ofthis thread ill pm you a question i am very curious about.

As for what i've said though, Nothing is impossible. and sure there may not be a current exploit for A5 however the way i see it is, Why exploit? modify and extend is the solution.
    It's one thing to patch out the sundry verifications of certificates and hashes throughout the iPhone's boot chain and filesystem. It's another to make these patches also pass cryptographic checks with broken or incorrect signatures.

The iPhone will not by default write or execute any unsigned code. The signature verification starts with the on-die "Secure ROM" code that is the very first thing that runs on bootup, and each successive piece of code will not load unless it passes an integrity check. The only ways to get unsigned code running are:

1) Find some sort of exploit to execute unsigned code. This could be anything from a buffer overwrite, to a stack overflow, to "creatively" harnessing some of Apple's existing code.
    2) Recover Apple's private key(s) used to sign some/all of their code.
    3) Create a payload that exploits a SHA-1 collision attack with another, already signed, piece of code.

In short, it's impossible to patch or modify the various checks without an exploit of some sort, since the checks themselves are protected by all sorts of other checks.