Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: High memory usage, apps crash until respring

Default High memory usage, apps crash until respring
    I've been having some issues with my verizon 6.1.1 jailbroken phone. It seems about once a day I have to respring it because apps will crash after I open them. I noticed yesterday that when this happens I only have about 30MB of memory available, says SBsettings and after I respring it says that i have about 190MB. So I'm assuming something is wrong here. Battery doctor pro says I'm using 388MB of memory and 3% of CPU. Sbsettings says I have 172MB of available memory.

Here are the tweaks I have installed. I have a 64gb iphone with 4.4 gb free.

Activator
    Airplane SBSettings toggle
    Applist
    Applocker
    Ask to call
    Ask to send
    Barrel
    Bolt
    BytaFont
    Cascase
    Dater
    Five-Column Springboard
    FolderEnhancer
    IcaughtU Pro
    Icon Renamer
    Ifile
    Infinidock
    Killbackground
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    Low Power Banner
    MapsOpener
    MobileTerminal
    My 3G
    MyWi
    Nitrous
    PandoraSkips
    Protube for youtube
    Pull to refresh safari
    RepsringCacheFix
    Sbsettings
    Silex HD
    Springflash
    Springflash SBsettings
    Unfold
    WifiPasswords
    Winterboard
    BatteryDoctorPro

I also recently uninstalled in thoughts a tweak was causing crashes:
    Appcent
    Five Icon Switcher
    Sms timestamps
    Browserchanger
    Iconcontrolpro
    RetinaHaz3-HD

So i think i have a memory issue. after writing this post with no apps open, i have 133MB free says sbsettings and Batterydoctorpro says i'm using 443MB. After free up memory on sbsettings I went to 227MB free.

Any insight from anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Sbsettings has a memory leak maybe gitting rid of that will help. It helped on my iPhone 5

What's a memory leak?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

When a tweak has a bug. Just uses more and more ram till the phone or tweak crashes

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, Dater had some issues and Silex HD says iOS5.1.1, not too sure about RespringCacheFix

A new thing I noticed is that sometimes the camera will crash when the shutter opens. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does, i just respring and its fine. This is when I'm taking a picture through the camera app or through a text or what have you. Any thoughts?

A theme could be the issue?

I also have the same problem with my Verizon's iPhone 4s on 6.1.2. I jailbroken and once awhile it would crash for no reason. I removed sbsetting and it still doing it again. I think it best to remove all cydia stuff and try again one at a time to see what is causing it to crash.

I seem to have exactly the same problem on my iPod touch 5G running iOS 6.1. What is strange is that the device started crashing due to low memory out of sudden and not after altering a setting or installing a tweak. What is more, all of the crashes logs starting with "LowMemory" list SpringBoard as the largest process and it must be right - even after closing all processes in SBSettings every few seconds I can't keep my iPod "alive" for more than about 12 minutes without it respringing. To make matters even worse, I've uninstalled basically every tweak I had installed (Without SBSettings to check the RAM; problem persists without it as well though) and it didn't solve the issue at all.

I am now puzzled about what to do and I really do not want to restore my device - I have way too many apps installed. :/

Kevhrof I was experiencing some memory loss as well and we have some similar tweaks installed. It looks like Low Power Banner was the culprit for me so you may want to try disabling that. Losing that tweak wasn't a big deal for me since it isn't that important