Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s V6.1.2

Default iPhone 4s V6.1.2
    I want to buy this phone, sprint carrier iPhone 4s, V6.1.2, from ebay but I want to make sure that I can use it according to my plan. It says that it was upgraded thru iTunes to v6.1.2.

QUESTIONS:
    1. What baseband comes with 6.1.2 upgrade?
    2. Will the evasi0n jailbreak fix the activation problem if needed?
    3. I want to use Walmart's Straight Talk line for this phone. Ebay sells this RSIM 7+ and RSIM 5+ to
    unlock iPhone 4s. Does anybody know if this will work on this upgraded 4s and be able to use straight
    talk?

Please advise....

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

I wouldn't buy a sprint iPhone unless you plan on using it with sprint. I'm not saying you can't get it working with a different carrier but it will be troublesome to say the least. You run the chance of it having a bad esn which pretty much means it is blacklisted. Even if it has a good esn I have had some experience with the rsim line and they are very "iffy", especially with sprint or Verizon iPhones. Patches are needed for them to work I believe. I would suggest getting a factory unlocked one or an AT&T iPhone. Those can be IMEI unlocked much easier and for very cheap.

Wow that is just one great knowledge you have given me. I did not know about it dude.

Thank you so much. I try to stay away from sprint and verizon then.

Is this also true with samsung s3 from verizon and sprint? Or this problem exist only with iphones?

I have Sprint 4S 6.1.2 r sim 5+ works great. Just use ifunbox and delete all sprint folders in carrier bundle. Works great. I even upgraded my 4S with the sims out from 6.1 to 6.1.2. I'm not even using commcenter patch. Just restore to 6.12 jailbreak use ifunbox delete all sprint carrier bundles setup your r-sims7 or 5 put your straight talk sim in you'll good. I've been using Sprint 4S in T-Mobile $30 plan with no problems. Just changed to straight this month and living it. Fast and every thing.
    Last edited by ewilson620; 02-24-2013 at 12:59 AM.

I am confuse about this rsim 5+ and rsim 7+. Which one is for 4s from sprint? Or do I need both?

Do I have to worry about the baseband when upgrading 4s to 6.1.2?

Well I'm using R-Sim5+ both will work. The R-Sim7+ you do not need to jailbreak just install the profile. But since you are going to jail break doesn't matter. I would get the R-Sim7+ since its the newest one. The baseband doesn't matter the jailbreak will work for 6.1.2. I am in Sprint iPhone 4S 6.1.2 jailbroken phone works great.

All I can find is R SIM7+ that supports IOS5.0~6.0.2. Is there any update on this R SIM7+ that supports 6.1.2?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

You would be much better off getting an AT&T one. No need for any extra sims. You can get any AT&T iPhone officially unlocked for less than $15. No deleting carrier files, no messing with patches and it is permanent. So a restore or update won't relock it like it could with a rsim.

R-Sims 7 will work. With 6.1.2 there are you tube videos showing that it works. It's up to you on what you want to do. All I know us I'm using IPhone 4S sprint and have no problems. Working fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unlocking Sprint is a difficult issue, and they are not helpful when trying to get them to do it even when your contract ends and they are supposed to unlock it. They do everythign in their power to keep you on Sprint. A Gevey Sim may get you GSM service, but as Sprint is CDMA, it really does not use a Sim card.

It's not hard. Like I said in other post I'm using the R-Sim5 and my r-sim is older than r-sim 7+ which do not require jail breaking. I'm using my sprint iPhone 4S on straight talk right now. Everything workings. The only thing I had to do was setup mms. My Internet work as soon as it found the towers. FaceTime iMessage works.

Thanks

You can use an R-Sim with a Sprint 4S? I never checked, I don't think I have a sim in there at all. I know 4S's are supposed to accommodate both GMS and CDMA - I just jailbroke a Sprint 4, it had NO sim slot, that baffled me!. How can you unlock those?

The R-Sim do work on the Sprint 4S. I am using a Sprint 4S iPhone. I was on sprint now I am on straight. The Verizon and sprint iPhone 4S come both CDMA/GSM. just look on the right side and put a paper clip in the small hole to pop out the tray. The sprint/Verizon iPhone 4 do not come with gsm support. Only the iPhone 4S and 5.

Thanks

So basically - There is NO way in hades to unlock a locked Sprint 4. I was lucky enough to have an ATT iPhone 4 originally, I sold it for a bundle, I kept it Jailbroken with 5.1.1 and it got sold within minutes of posting it to CL heh. The guy who bought it unlocked it. But he carries around a HotSpot, he doesn't even use the phone service any longer. There is a free phone service package, all you need is a little Verizon hotspot, carry it in your pocket and you can call anyone anytime using the app.

However, I just saw this: Can someone verify if this will work?

http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-cdm...network-video/
    Last edited by XweAponX; 02-28-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Well the only thing you can do with iPhone 4 is put it on cricket virgin mobile or other CDMA prepaid. Jail breaking it and changing the prl.

Thanks

eWilson, that video shows you the exact flash code to use to put it on the Cricket network - So thats all he needs to do? I'm holding off telling him until I make sure, but from the sound of it, any CMDA phone can be put on cricket eh?