Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Freezes when purchasing a tweak

Default Cydia Freezes when purchasing a tweak
    I'm unable to purchase the Tweak Deck because when I go to my Google Accounts and type in my email Cydia decides to freeze. I've done resprining and turning off my device and taking it out of the multitasking tray. When I go back into Cydia it's blank.

I am having this same exact problem.

I can enter my information fine on Manage Account but when I want to purchase something it freezes on Paypal or amazon. Wait. My Cydia is now freezing! I used the jailbreak for 5.1.1

Same here, sometimes I can only enter my username and Cydia will freeze in the middle of me entering my password. Cydia also freezes randomly sometimes when I'm downloading a package or just browsing. It's kind of frustrating and I'm not sure what to do.

Well I'm going to restore and restore from a backup or not?

It would be amazing if someone could reply back to this thread! It's getting annoying to not know how to solve this

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

I you restore do it from a new phone. Doing a backup will only bring the problem back.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I'm noticing a lot of people (including myself) seem to be having Cydia issues (freezing in specific) I'd give it some time as it seems every time I try to install an app from MMi, it just freezes and crashes. I think it has something to do with the repo...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

I'm having the same problem 7/11/2012 -- I'm not sure if it's something I installed or what. I can install free items just fine still. Any updates to this thread with suggestions would be great. I'm trying to install Dashboard X and it constantly freezes during Facebook or Google Authentication. If by chance I sign in by managing account (google) beforehand, I can get to the paypal login screen and it freezes there. I've tried removing files using the iFile method I've seen online (temp files for cydia I believe) and that's not working either. It seems to just replace them automatically once I log in. Thanks in advance!

Thanks

As of 7/11/12 4:20 PM (EST) I'm no longer having this issue. Try it again, the changes page glitches up a bit, but Cydia no longer crashes.

EDIT: Well Cydia installs packages, but it just crashed on me after uninstalling a package. So this isn't 100% fixed apparently.

I can install themes and tweaks that I have already purchased just fine. I don't have any errors installing things. But I haven't tried buying any tweaks or themes yet.

Can't install anything still
    Last edited by Xx_Illusions_xX; 07-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks

Installs are going good after that Cydia crashes or freezes

Why is it still freezing?

Thanks

I'm thinking it has something to do with the repo -_- because it seems MMi is the only one that does this for me.

Well they need to fix it right? Can you buy the tweak or app and go past the google login and the choose payment option without it freezing?

Thanks

Seems to be better this morning.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, since the 9th of July, i have had the Modmyi website freezing Safari, I think it is the Adverts storing cookie data. I have also been getting strange popups. Maybe it will work with your repo problem? 3 options I have found to work around my problem are

1) clear out Safari Cookies and Data and do not visit the Modmyi website with Safari, use a different web browser

2) clear out Safari Cookies and Data then set Accept Cookies to Never, now you can visit the modmyi website with Safari but website preferences/logins will not be stored

3) clear out Safari Cookies and Data then install AdBlocker from Cydia, select your language and refresh its list of Adds to block, now if you see an add on their website hold your finger on it and add it to the block list editing it's address back to just the .com part

Any fix for the freezing yet?

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

This freezing problem should be fixed now - see this tweet from ModMyi: "To folks w/issues in Cydia or MobileSafari w/MMi yesterday, @saurik tracked it down to an issue with @CloudFlare. Fixed."

saurik also published an article today about the process of finding the bug: When "Dumb Pipes" Get Too Smart.

If you still seem to get problems like this, it'd be useful to hear details. Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to brittag For This Useful Post:

H4CK3R (07-13-2012)

The problem has gone away