Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is 5.0.1 or 5.1 better?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Well I think I might be over thinking this but could this happen at all? Could there ever be a firmware with a keylogger sending private information back or could there be a virus or something? Something I've always wondered.
    Really?

No need to be rude Vbuene23 or whatever your name is. Show some respect and there's nothing wrong with thinking differently.

Thanks

There are key loggers for the iPhone, so that's always a possibility. I doubt it though
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iTunes says that it can't restore data because software version is too old. Can you answer my question on why the language and location is set on Chinese and the location is set on Taiwan?
    Did you restore the phone on a PC using chinese regional settings? You can also manually change that by going to Settings, General, International, Language.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Guys try cutting the arguing, it isn't good for the ModMyi image. vbuen's original point was not meant to be rude, He was asking a question. Read carefully before you reply. Please stay on topic.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Guys try cutting the arguing, it isn't good for the ModMyi image. vbuen's original point was not meant to be rude, He was asking a question. Read carefully before you reply. Please stay on topic.
    Please become a moderator before posting stuff like this. If you want report a post that's one thing.
    Thanks,
    Cowboy
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Meh just saying, not trying to mini mod bro I just hate arguing lol. Back on topic: I doubt it'd be possible even they do have key loggers on many repos out there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well my question wasn't really answered. I've dealt with iPhones from China before, they default into Chinese when restored to factory. I'm thinking this would be the same case if the phone is from Taiwan. If it isn't from Taiwan, then it could just be a fluke. I would say it's highly unlikely it's anything malicious.

Thanks

They actually said some of those 'fake' Apple copiers have managed to put together 'fake' iPad's that have malicious stuff hidden in the 'modified' OS. Ya never know I guess. They even say there's fake Apple stores with employees that think they're working for Apple. Just weird stuff they got going on in China for that kinda stuff.

I've restored my iPhone before and it's never been on anything with Asian language or my location already set to Taiwan.

Thanks

Dunno. Sometimes weird things happen. If its a cause for concern, maybe another restore is in order. Also a good way to see if it happens again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Dunno. Sometimes weird things happen. If its a cause for concern, maybe another restore is in order. Also a good way to see if it happens again.
    Try resetting your network settings or completely resetting the phone, not a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Please become a moderator before posting stuff like this. If you want report a post that's one thing.
    Thanks,
    Cowboy
    Please use common sense before attempting to post. Ignorance is not welcomed here.
    Last edited by vbuen323; 05-03-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Says who? Neither of these comments belong here... Move on, stay on topic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Try resetting your network settings or completely resetting the phone, not a restore.
    I understand how to resolve the issue. We are in the topic of why it defaulted to Taiwan as location. I was merely making a statement based on to see if restoring will consistently default the location to Taiwan or it was just a fluke. Before making a correction for me, please understand the concept and circumstance I'm referring to.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I understand how to resolve the issue. We are in the topic of why it defaulted to Taiwan as location. I was merely making a statement based on to see if restoring will consistently default the location to Taiwan or it was just a fluke. Before making a correction for me, please understand the concept and circumstance I'm referring to.
    If you understand how to resolve the issue, then what's the issue? You are trying to understand why the default location was set to Taiwan, and so is everyone else. So, who is correcting you? I suggested to reset the phone completely as this may help, how did I correct you?

Well I'm not worried about it. Nothing weird has happened since but one thing in Safari is kind of weird.

iTunes says that it can't restore data because software version is too old. Can you answer my question on why the language and location is set on Chinese and the location is set on Taiwan?
    I don't know if you're using Sprint or Verizon... but do you know if your iPhone has a Chinese or Taiwanese SIM card in the SIM tray? This usually happens when the phone has a SIM card in the SIM tray. The iPhone uses the settings like language and location of the SIM card when is being set up, even if the phone is locked to a carrier.

I have a Verizon iPhone 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12