Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SERIOUS iPhone 4S Jailbreak Issues 5.0.1, need help and confirmation from others!

Exclamation SERIOUS iPhone 4S Jailbreak Issues 5.0.1, need help and confirmation from others!
    hey everyone-

I am new to the modmyi forums and this is my first post/thread so please be constructive about the criticism. Anyways, I'll jump right to the point.

I have a Verizon iPhone 4S on version 5.0.1, modem firmware 1.0.14 (all on Mac OS X 10.7.3). I have had this jailbroken for a couple months now since it came out for the A5 devices and never encountered any issues besides the occasional safe mode that required a simple restart. But recently I have seen the following issues, and will only list issues if they have occurred to me on multiple occasions:

1. Volume issues when playing videos- volume goes on and off, whether I'm toggled on the silent bar on the side or not
    2. Signal issues- signal goes out a lot, randomly will be "Searching..." then if I go to the homescreen and wait it'll load up 5 bars and eventually load up the "3g" as well.
    3. Trouble with rebooting- when holding both the home and sleep button, won't actually go through a reboot sometimes but instead come right back to the home screen
    4. Possible battery drain issues- seen many posts about this elsewhere, but might be due to having the phone for awhile now? definitely need confirmation from others
    5. **MOST IMPORTANT- when my phone gets completely drained and I plug it into my computer via USB, the apple icon comes up as if its booting on, but then right before getting to the lockscreen the small circle (working/loading logo) comes on and phone goes off again and then it's just a cycle of apple icon and small circle going off icon over and over again.

I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues and what they did, if anything, about them. I don't believe the 5.1 jailbreak is out yet so I was wondering if it was possible to somehow restore my iPhone and re-jailbreak it. I am aware that if I normally restore through iTunes then it'll put me on 5.1 but I've read some things about saving SHSH blobs but I'm just not exactly sure what that means, and also I am aware that Apple stopped signing the 5.0.1 so I don't even know if it's possible to restore and re-jailbreak at this time.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks guys.
    Last edited by bod1287; 04-23-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: added to the list

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

You cant save your 5.0.1 SHSH anymore so no need to worry about that. You can restore to 5.1 and see if that fixes your issues. Obviously you will lose your jailbreak if you do though.

Your issues sound more hardware related to me though. Could be wrong.

thanks Simon, but why can't I save my SHSH anymore if I'm still on 5.0.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Because Apple is no longer signing 5.0.1. And there is no current way to extract the SHSH from the device on a 4S like you would be able to on a iPhone 4.

Those symptoms sound like it's been water damaged.. has that happened?