Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrading question about Redsn0w

  1. #1
    Lightbulb Downgrading question about Redsn0w
    Well I'm also to the part where I downgrade. This is what I did first. I went on Cydia and downloaded iSHSHIT and it told me my model, firmware, and via cydia. So what I did was I went to Firmware Version and chose all Versions and then I pressed on Via Cydia and pressed saved. Only 4.2.10, 5.0.1, and 5.1 were saved which are the same SHSH Blobs that are saved on Cydia. I emailed them to myself and used redsn0w and I pressed on Verify and a box comes up with a yellow Triange saying All 19 blobs verifyed and then the number and then APTICKET is presented and Valid. I was just wondering if it's okay to downgrade to 5.0.1 now? What's the next step to the process? Did I do this correctly? I never used iFath or anything else before but this and Cydia has been saving all of my SHSH blobs this whole time so do you think it's I can downgrade to 5.0.1?

  2. #2
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,752
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Well I'm also to the part where I downgrade. This is what I did first. I went on Cydia and downloaded iSHSHIT and it told me my model, firmware, and via cydia. So what I did was I went to Firmware Version and chose all Versions and then I pressed on Via Cydia and pressed saved. Only 4.2.10, 5.0.1, and 5.1 were saved which are the same SHSH Blobs that are saved on Cydia. I emailed them to myself and used redsn0w and I pressed on Verify and a box comes up with a yellow Triange saying All 19 blobs verifyed and then the number and then APTICKET is presented and Valid. I was just wondering if it's okay to downgrade to 5.0.1 now? What's the next step to the process? Did I do this correctly? I never used iFath or anything else before but this and Cydia has been saving all of my SHSH blobs this whole time so do you think it's I can downgrade to 5.0.1?
    Yep, y'all should be in good shape. The blobs that Cydia has on file for you match the ones that you e-mailed to yourself and are probably valid. A restore using those blobs (use redsn0w to stitch a custom IPSW!) should complete successfully and you'll be downgraded.

  3. #3
    If I run into any issues what should I do and what's the worst issue I could run into?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    If I run into any issues what should I do and what's the worst issue I could run into?
    there are many issues that may occur during the restore process, we cant possibly tell you all of it, if the issues arise, then tell us what errors you are receiving and we can point u in the right direction to hopefully resolve them

    you should be ok, dont rush, and follow what Orby says

  5. #5
    So i can ahead and downgrade now? I've never used Ifaith only used ishshit to save my blobs and used Cydia to save the blobs also. Because Cydia saves SHSH blobs and I didn't use ifaith on 5.0.1 but I used the shshit yesterday on 5.1.

    Should I still downgrade

  6. #6
    since you already have the blobs saved, use redsn0w and point it to the iOS ISPW and then stitch the firmware to whatever SHSH Blobs you want to downgrade to

  7. #7
    And I downgrade to that Firmware anytime I want and does it work with the redsn0w that I'm using?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    And I downgrade to that Firmware anytime I want and does it work with the redsn0w that I'm using?
    use the latest redsn0w version, make sure to stitch the SHSH blobs to a CUSTOM FIRMWARE ISPW if you want to preserve the baseband for unlocking

    to create a custom firmware use sn0wbreeze

    and to answer your question, you can downgrade whenever you want to what iOS version as long as you have shsh blobs for it

  9. #9
    I don't want to unlock then.....what should I do then? I already have the IPSW downloaded. I did the stich blobs to the IPSW and it's saved on my desktop with the number of my device the unique chip thing. What do I do now?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    I don't want to unlock then.....what should I do then? I already have the IPSW downloaded. I did the stich blobs to the IPSW and it's saved on my desktop with the number of my device the unique chip thing. What do I do now?
    put phone in DFU mode (search if you dont know how) then open itunes hold SHIFT + click RESTORE on itunes and point it to the ISPW and done!

  11. #11
    I know how to do DFU mode and thanks for the help guys and when I saved the IPSW it shows my unique ID number on my desktop. Use that one right guys?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    I know how to do DFU mode and thanks for the help guys and when I saved the IPSW it shows my unique ID number on my desktop. Use that one right guys?
    look we are all here to help you, but you need to put some effort into knowing how to do certain things, if you dont know you should research the forum or the Internet first before asking...

    its frustrating for us to help you with something that can be easily found

    I dont mean to sound negative, but it gets cumbersome, understand?

    I will help u with this one, but next time you have an issue, make sure to research first ok?

    Once you hit the SHIFT + RESTORE, you point itunes to restore the CUSTOM FIRMWARE that you JUST CREATED by STITCHING the blobs together, which is the one that shows your ID

  13. #13
    I figured out how to do this I think but I messed up. I went into DFU mode did Right click on restore and chose my IPSW and itunes was stuck on Waiting for iPhone to restore for 4 mins. I canceled it and now I saw what I did. I should have went into PWNED DFU.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    I figured out how to do this I think but I messed up. I went into DFU mode did Right click on restore and chose my IPSW and itunes was stuck on Waiting for iPhone to restore for 4 mins. I canceled it and now I saw what I did. I should have went into PWNED DFU.
    be careful with what you are saying, are you right-clicking Restore or HOLD the SHIFT KEY and LEFT CLICKING Restore???

    make sure you are not in Recovery Mode but in DFU mode!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    look we are all here to help you, but you need to put some effort into knowing how to do certain things, if you dont know you should research the forum or the Internet first before asking...

    its frustrating for us to help you with something that can be easily found

    I dont mean to sound negative, but it gets cumbersome, understand?

    I will help u with this one, but next time you have an issue, make sure to research first ok?

    Once you hit the SHIFT + RESTORE, you point itunes to restore the CUSTOM FIRMWARE that you JUST CREATED by STITCHING the blobs together, which is the one that shows your ID
    Chill out. U dont like helping then dont. I couldnt learn **** online, so i came here and started asking questions. People were happy to help me, even though it must have been annoying, and got me on track. Now i know quite a bit about the whole topic of idevice jailbreaking and other things of the sort.
    (null)

  16. #16
    Well what I did was the shift and clicked the left restore when a window pops up and shows what to look for. I've done it before on Sn0wbreeze but then I was stock on the connect to iTunes error which I entered recovery mode but not DFU MODE.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Chill out. U dont like helping then dont. I couldnt learn **** online, so i came here and started asking questions. People were happy to help me, even though it must have been annoying, and got me on track. Now i know quite a bit about the whole topic of idevice jailbreaking and other things of the sort.

    I am chilled bro, and I wasnt yelling at the OP, I was letting the OP know how to search the Net for issues that have been resolved before.....

    you should learn how to read that post properly before making assumptions about whether I was angry or not

    look at all my posts before jumping in and acting like a savior, I have helped many people here already, you should probably read the forum rules bud..

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Well what I did was the shift and clicked the left restore when a window pops up and shows what to look for. I've done it before on Sn0wbreeze but then I was stock on the connect to iTunes error which I entered recovery mode but not DFU MODE.
    put the phone in DFU mode, it is where the screen goes black but iTunes will detect it being in recovery mode, and just shift+restore

  18. #18
    Can I use PWNED DFU though?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    Can I use PWNED DFU though?
    yes that is fine

  20. #20
    I just figured out something right now. I should go to Pwned DFU mode because the SHSH blob that i stiched in Redsn0w and was saved on my desktop is a custom firmware so I will have to enter Pwned DFU. Is this correct
    Last edited by Xx_Illusions_xX; 04-17-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •