Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading question about Redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Illusions_xX View Post
    I just figured out something right now. I should go to Pwned DFU mode because the SHSH blob that i stiched in Redsn0w and was saved on my desktop is a custom firmware so I will have to enter Pwned DFU. Is this correct
    affirmative

Omg dfu is taking me forever to do without the directions lol

Wait nevermind. I got it right. wasn't pressing the home button long enough.

Sorry for double posting but now since I'm using redsn0w should I use the PWNED DFU mode now?
    Last edited by Xx_Illusions_xX; 04-17-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Omg dfu is taking me forever to do without the directions lol

Wait nevermind. I got it right. wasn't pressing the home button long enough.

Sorry for double posting but now since I'm using redsn0w should I use the PWNED DFU mode now?
    yes follow the instructions here for your CUSTOM ISPW:
    [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Well I downgraded and iTunes wouldn't sync anything so I upgraded. Really easy to do now. Thanks for the help

Well I downgraded and iTunes wouldn't sync anything so I upgraded. Really easy to do now. Thanks for the help
    so u updated to 5.1 then downgraded to 5.0.1?

awesome, glad i helped...............somewhat

I ran into a scary moment. I was stuck on an iTunes error last night but I solved the issue with Redsn0w. Kind of scary when I had no idea on what to do and saw the coding in the end when I used Redsn0w to fix the iTunes issue and then I was on 5.0.1 and then updated because iTunes wouldn't backup anything. Do you think it's a good idea to use Redsn0w to fix the iTunes error in the future?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ran into a scary moment. I was stuck on an iTunes error last night but I solved the issue with Redsn0w. Kind of scary when I had no idea on what to do and saw the coding in the end when I used Redsn0w to fix the iTunes issue and then I was on 5.0.1 and then updated because iTunes wouldn't backup anything. Do you think it's a good idea to use Redsn0w to fix the iTunes error in the future?
    Hello Sir/Madam,

To understand the concepts of jail breaking, one has to be intuitive and research alternative methods. What the other gentleman was instructing you was "literally" correct. If you follow the steps, you should be fine, if not, search the forums for others who have run into the same situations as you. It is only logical to do so. There is nothing that you can do to your phone that will "increase the risks or hazards of messing up your phone"--whatever the hell that means. Don't be afraid to try new things; like science, jail breaking is about trial and error.

I have posted many things in the past and have found that people are "afraid" of messing up their phones when downgrading--this is a myth. Here are the steps you should follow, if you cannot, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU, NOT EVEN BABY JESUS. Also, research on you tube about downgrading and other troubleshooting issues when jail breaking--there are millions of videos and tutorials.

#1 save your blobs
    #2 fetch your blobs with appropriate software
    #3 create a custom build for iTunes--I prefer redsn0w for all my dirty business.
    #4 enter PWNED DFU MODE, not DFU mode--there is a HUGE difference.
    #5 start iTunes
    #6 select custom build to downgrade--look up how to do that
    #7 continue to restore
    #8 all done!

One issue, a major issue, that I ran into is the recovery loop while downgrading that tiny umbrella or redsnow cannot detect because it thinks the phone is not connected, I freaked out! However, here is what I did and I also posted on here on how to "manually" get out of DFU mode or through this "recovery loop bug" section when downgrading.

#1 hold the home+power button for 12 seconds
    #2 release the home button and CONTINUE to hold the power button until the apple logo appears.
    #3 all done.

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Hello Sir/Madam,

To understand the concepts of jail breaking, one has to be intuitive and research alternative methods. What the other gentleman was instructing you was "literally" correct. If you follow the steps, you should be fine, if not, search the forums for others who have run into the same situations as you. It is only logical to do so. There is nothing that you can do to your phone that will "increase the risks or hazards of messing up your phone"--whatever the hell that means. Don't be afraid to try new things; like science, jail breaking is about trial and error.

I have posted many things in the past and have found that people are "afraid" of messing up their phones when downgrading--this is a myth. Here are the steps you should follow, if you cannot, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU, NOT EVEN BABY JESUS. Also, research on you tube about downgrading and other troubleshooting issues when jail breaking--there are millions of videos and tutorials.

#1 save your blobs
    #3 create a custom build for iTunes--I prefer redsn0w for all my dirty business.
    #5 start iTunes
    #7 continue to restore
    #8 all done!

One issue, a major issue, that I ran into is the recovery loop while downgrading that tiny umbrella or redsnow cannot detect because it thinks the phone is not connected, I freaked out! However, here is what I did and I also posted on here on how to "manually" get out of DFU mode or through this "recovery loop bug" section when downgrading.

#2 release the home button and CONTINUE to hold the power button until the apple logo appears.
    #3 all done.

Uhhhh you're a little late to the party. I already downgraded last night......

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Hello Sir/Madam,

#1 save your blobs
    #5 start iTunes
    #7 continue to restore
    #8 all done!

#3 all done.
    what he said

Glad u were able to resolve your issue. Hopefully you learned a few things or too, so now you should be a PRO!

Lol I know a lot now. I'm not use to downgrading but jail breaking is easy. Thanks for the help guys.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Yes it is
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

It sucks that iTunes cant restore my data on 5.0.1. Will iCloud restore my data from 5.1 on 5.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    I am chilled bro, and I wasnt yelling at the OP, I was letting the OP know how to search the Net for issues that have been resolved before.....

you should learn how to read that post properly before making assumptions about whether I was angry or not

look at all my posts before jumping in and acting like a savior, I have helped many people here already, you should probably read the forum rules bud..

put the phone in DFU mode, it is where the screen goes black but iTunes will detect it being in recovery mode, and just shift+restore
    Sorry man, didnt mean to get on your case

It sucks that iTunes cant restore my data on 5.0.1. Will iCloud restore my data from 5.1 on 5.0.1?
    It should. Just dont hit the update button haha. (unless its an app)
    Last edited by expl0itfinder; 04-18-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    (null)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Excellent, so we shouldn't see anymore questions.

Will iCloud sync my backups from 5.1 to 5.0.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yep icloud works on em all in 5.0

Thanks

Will iCloud sync my backups from 5.1 to 5.0.1?
    Yep it will. Anything 5.0+ will work. 2k again I'm a parrot

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes I know I'll fix that

Thanks

Lol

I downgraded again and i did a icloud backup before I downgraded. I downgraded. I went through the process and it said my location and i chose it. It was already marked on Taiwan. I don't live there and I went to choose to backup from iCloud and it said there aren't any backups. Uhhhh what? Is this normal?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast