Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to send video MMS with Sprint 4S after installing TetherMe

Default Unable to send video MMS with Sprint 4S after installing TetherMe
    Hi everyone

I recently followed this guide: Force Roam Sprint iPhone on Verizon (Jailbreak required) (helps data speed issue)

I had to install TetherMe in order for the hack to work, and my data speeds increased by almost 6x.

My problem, however, is that I was unable to send video MMS. Picture MMS works perfectly fine. If I send the video through iMessage, it works fine.

Prior to installing TetherMe and applying the hack, I was able to send video messages without a problem.

I have tested on other Sprint phones (both iPhones and others) and there is no problem. I have removed the hack, reset my network settings, reset all phone settings, and put my phone back on Sprint's networks. No good.

Has anyone used TetherMe or has done this hack and has any solution for getting the video MMS working again? Also, is there any possible way to do a restore back to 5.0.1? I have the SHSH saved on my 4S but I don't think there is a way to restore to 5.0.1 on the 4S. If I'm wrong, please let me know and provide a guide for me. Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itzbilly View Post
    Hi everyone

I recently followed this guide: Force Roam Sprint iPhone on Verizon (Jailbreak required) (helps data speed issue)

I had to install TetherMe in order for the hack to work, and my data speeds increased by almost 6x.

My problem, however, is that I was unable to send video MMS. Picture MMS works perfectly fine. If I send the video through iMessage, it works fine.

Prior to installing TetherMe and applying the hack, I was able to send video messages without a problem.

I have tested on other Sprint phones (both iPhones and others) and there is no problem. I have removed the hack, reset my network settings, reset all phone settings, and put my phone back on Sprint's networks. No good.

Has anyone used TetherMe or has done this hack and has any solution for getting the video MMS working again? Also, is there any possible way to do a restore back to 5.0.1? I have the SHSH saved on my 4S but I don't think there is a way to restore to 5.0.1 on the 4S. If I'm wrong, please let me know and provide a guide for me. Thank you.
    You can restore through stitching a custom build. You probably have to reprogram your phone through sprint's programming service like Verizon's *228 feature. Sprint was a good service but horrible customer service! They really don't care about customers.

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    You can restore through stitching a custom build. You probably have to reprogram your phone through sprint's programming service like Verizon's *228 feature. Sprint was a good service but horrible customer service! They really don't care about customers.
    I thought stitching a custom ipsw wasn't supported for the 4S. Any idea how I would reprogram my phone? I already did a PRL update to the latest Sprint PRL.

EDIT: did a quick check and *228 is indeed a PRL update, which I did.
    Last edited by itzbilly; 04-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Did you remove TetherMe? My friend used to have that hack and had LOTS of problems on his 4S. He removed it and all his problems were solved.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Did you remove TetherMe? My friend used to have that hack and had LOTS of problems on his 4S. He removed it and all his problems were solved.
    Yeah, I have since removed TetherMe and did another PRL update. Reset network settings, reset all phone settings. Still no good.

Thanks

Sounds like you're gonna have to do a restore then... Make sure ya save your blobs before restoring so you'll be able to downgrade.

Sounds like you're gonna have to do a restore then... Make sure ya save your blobs before restoring so you'll be able to downgrade.
    Yeah I figured but I'm on a 4S so that isn't an option for me.

Thanks

You can restore, you just wouldn't be able to jailbreak or anything. If it's that big of a problem then just restore but if you don't really care then just leave it.

You can restore, you just wouldn't be able to jailbreak or anything. If it's that big of a problem then just restore but if you don't really care then just leave it.
    Yeah I can live with it if it means not having the phone jailbroken lol. It's just one of those things that sits in the back of my mind, annoying me. Thanks for all the help though.

Thanks

No problem. That would annoy me too lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itzbilly View Post
    I thought stitching a custom ipsw wasn't supported for the 4S. Any idea how I would reprogram my phone? I already did a PRL update to the latest Sprint PRL.

EDIT: did a quick check and *228 is indeed a PRL update, which I did.
    I think you can restore if you saved your blobs, I think sn0wbreeze is the only option for 4S user; however, it is a process and the worst you can do to your phone is having to update it to the newest firmware since Apple doesn't sign firmwares anymore. Look into sn0wbreeze, create a custom FW, put your phone is pwnd DFU mode, and continue to restore with your custom fw. This should bypass al the errors in iTunes. TetherMe messes with your data settings and it might have removed important data settings that a reset cannot fix or bring back. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    I think you can restore if you saved your blobs, I think sn0wbreeze is the only option for 4S user; however, it is a process and the worst you can do to your phone is having to update it to the newest firmware since Apple doesn't sign firmwares anymore. Look into sn0wbreeze, create a custom FW, put your phone is pwnd DFU mode, and continue to restore with your custom fw. This should bypass al the errors in iTunes. TetherMe messes with your data settings and it might have removed important data settings that a reset cannot fix or bring back. Good luck!
    Looks like sn0wbreeze doesn't support the 4S.

Thanks

There is no tethered or Un-Tethered jailbreak for the 4S. The current jailbreak for 5.1 is for non-A5 devices only.

So after some playing around (reinstalling and removing TetherMe multiple times, followed by PRL updates), I was able to send short videos again (most I had working was at 10 seconds, with a 16 second video not working). Hopefully this helps someone who has the same issue I do.

Thanks

Hmm... try doing that some more and see what happens I'd like to see if it'd eventually fix itself...