Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage

Default iMessage
    Why is it on some text messages in the box you enter text in it says iMessage and sometimes it says text message?

iMessage only pops up when you're texting somebody else with an idevice running iOS 5

Can't be. My friend I'm texting doesn't have an iPhone and my friend who has iPhone it doesn't show up. iMessage texts won't go thru to one without iPhone.

Are you using an email to text him? He doesn't have any other iDevices correct?
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

iMessages only work with iPhones. All iPhones that send and receive iMessages MUST be set up to use iMessage. If you group-text two people and one has iMessages and one doesn't (with no iPhone, or iMessages is not set up on his/her iPhone), the message will be "normal," not an iMessage (including to the phone that IS set up to receive iMessages). The color of the text bubbles will let you know that iMessages are being used. biteSMS does work with iMessages (not sure about other messaging apps).
    Senior

Your friend with the iPhone (the one who you're saying imessage does not show up for) probably has it turned off or their phone is probably under iOS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by itzbilly View Post
    Your friend with the iPhone (the one who you're saying imessage does not show up for) probably has it turned off or their phone is probably under iOS 5.
    both agreeable!