Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Already jailbroken and screens are shrunken!!!

So I am jailbroken on 5.0 and have been running flawlessly. Then I loaded up Auto Location from Cydia. Now any app I open, including Cydia is 1/4 of the screen size and always up in the uppwe left corner. I can't do anything in them, including select "modify" so I can delete Auto Locator. Can anyone help?? Thanks!

Sorry, meant "can't delete"...

OK, so I found a fix and an explaination that it is linked to Activator. However, I have been running my JB for about 2 weeks now and didn't have any issues until the install of AL. So, I think I found a link. I followed the steps here How to Fix the Quarter Screen Issue on a Jailbroken iOS 5 Install - Apps, Cydia, iOS 5, Jailbreak, News (YAY!! Thank you!!!), got back to normal in safe mode, deleted Auto Location, resprung and things are still normal. Even did a reboot and it's still fine!
    Last edited by nxzemagrl; 03-21-2012 at 12:59 AM.

I had that same issue. I might be wrong but I think that is an iPad only app.

Yeah so the fix to put it in safe mode and respring does work. But for me it has been happening a LOT in the past few days. Why is this happening? I know it's linked to Activator, but is it from an incompatible Cyndia install?

For me it fixed it when I uninstalled Auto Location. Are you saying you can't remove it?

Jailbroken is an un-ethical way.
    mod edit/links removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sharmatanu View Post
    Your ethics are suspect.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaybell4444's Avatar
    Davenport, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by sharmatanu View Post
    Then why are you even on this thread?!!! Some people,... sheeeeesh!!!