Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manually get out of DFU mode

Thanks SO MUCH! u just like saved my life!!! Good stuff!

Regularly I have a backup on my computer (iTunes automatically does backups when you sync), I can extract lost data from the iTunes backup using MyJad iPhone Backup Extractor.
    Last edited by nickmiller980; 07-23-2013 at 09:11 PM.

thank you so much my phone was stuck in dfu mode and this got it back to my lockscreen

If you can't force the phone into recovery mode you can try DFU mode:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and then launch iTunes.
    3. Turn your iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone).
    4. Then, hold down the sleep/wake button and home button together for EXACTLY 10 SECONDS, then release the sleep/wake button.
    5. Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected. When you are in DFU mode your iPhone screen will be completely black. Remember that if you see the restore logo, iTunes logo, or any message on the iPhone screen, you are not in DFU mode but standard Recovery Mode.
    6. Hit the OK message that should popup to restore your phone.

mmm....

Download Firmware Umbrella and try using the Kick out of Recovery Mode option...

Hope it works!

Hey! there vibuen323
    I created an account in this forum specifically, to thank you for the tip to exiting DFU mode. Man! Was i in a world of misery & despair, coz of the priceless infos & stuffs that i had in my iPhone 3G. ( T __ T )

Well keep up the good work bud! ( ^ __ ^ )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Works!
    Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Hello-

This might or might not be useful but I thought I'd post it anyway; it might be useful. Have you ever put your phone in DFU mode to restore and keep getting error codes and now your phone is stuck in DFU mode? Well, I was messing around with my phone one day and I "manually" took it out of DFU mode. I think this is a great alternative if one does not wish to load redsn0w or other JB-ing software.

Here are the steps to get out of DFU mode:

1. Hold down the "home" + "power" button simultaneously.
    2. After 12 seconds of holding, release the home button and continue to hold the power button until the apply logo screen comes on.
    3. pat yourself on the back.

Hope this helps in some way

Remember to ! thank!!!

Hey dude that worked! Maybe it's because I am running iOS 7 but I didn't have to let go of the home button, in the middle of holding the power button and home button and trying to guess if it had been 12 seconds my iPhone powered right up!

Don't worry about that. iPhone stuck in recovery/DFU mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve this question.

First is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
    1. Turn off iPhone
    2. Hold down the power and home button.
    3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Second is to fix with a iPhone Data Recovery tool.
    1. Fix the Problem of getting iPhone out of Recovery Mode
    2. Recover Data from your iPhone Directly
    3. Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup

It is not a big thing when iPhone stuck in DFU mode. I hope this can be helpful.
    Last edited by Comanderay; 03-02-2014 at 07:36 PM.

got the help .. need to implement now

The same problem on my iPhone 5S. the only fix is freezing. it works 10-20% no 100%.
    some guys from Apple said try to change cable. pc. remove itunes or etc. it's only bla bla doesnt help
    Last edited by Brianmay; 05-31-2014 at 10:58 PM.

You might want to check out this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...5#post19148895

I'm having a similar issue, I believe the unknown error 3 and -1 are essentially the same thing (base band issue).

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12