Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about downgrading!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    I'm in the same boat with you been having the iPhone for a while and been jailbroken for a while and never downgraded lol.
    Same here!!
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyGuyJohn View Post
    Lol really 2k1? I'll just wait until 5.1 untethered comes out.
    Yep really never wanted to downgrade I guess lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyGuyJohn View Post
    I have been jailbreaking for 3 - 4 years but have never downgraded and why do you have to act like an Adam Henry to me. When someone asks for help you don't be rude to him or her because they just want more of a clear answer to understand what to do and with the stupid questions that I get asked in person I don't act like a jerk and I chose to listen to X H4CK3R X about the dangers of it. I'm sorry that I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't believe I took a few minutes out of my day to type a reply to such a rude individual.
    Rude? hahahahah......I just prove points bro. If you feel that it is dangerous, which hacker has already addressed, why do you keep asking if it's safe? it's complete redundancy. If you feel it's unsafe, and others tell you it's unsafe, then "believe" it's unsafe, which downgrading poses not issues, you're essentially just restoring and older version of apple firmware. If anything happens to your phone, just restore it. What's the worst that can happen? I never said your questions were stupid, but everyone has addressed your questions and you keep asking the same question. So, you either downgrade or don't. I've downgrade many times, phone works marvelous. Also, everyone has been clear with you but you don't read anything. I am not rude, I'm just stating the obvious.

Damage. Such a misused term for this topic. When i think of damage as significant and challenging and bothersome, even unrepairable. That does not apply to downgrading in the least. Undesired effects yes, but no damage. Anything that gets a bit screwy can be easily reversed through a restore. No harm no foul
    (null)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Damage. Such a misused term for this topic. When i think of damage as significant and challenging and bothersome, even unrepairable. That does not apply to downgrading in the least. Undesired effects yes, but no damage. Anything that gets a bit screwy can be easily reversed through a restore. No harm no foul
    sometimes people just "don't get it". Those who claim it is dangerous, hazardous, and risky have never downgraded themselves, yet the consistent premise is that "is is unsafe". Why? how? The burden of proof is on those who oppose, I am the contradictor and conclusion to this ridiculous thread because I, me, myself, have downgrade many, many times. my phone went a bit screwy once or twice but a reset was an easy fix for the data issue. Yet, no one can provide a convincing argument that downgrading is dangerous. This is my point, yet I am a "jerk"and "rude". Again, I just state the obvious and identify flaws.

I am new to downgrading also. I have a iPhone 4s and I upgraded it to 5.1. I would like to try downgrading it back to 5.0.1 but I need step by step instructions. Because I see that u can use redsnow for this and shsh and dfu mode....I don't know what or where to download that stuff or when to do what. Please someone help me. I would b so thankful.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sonshyne323 View Post
    I am new to downgrading also. I have a iPhone 4s and I upgraded it to 5.1. I would like to try downgrading it back to 5.0.1 but I need step by step instructions. Because I see that u can use redsnow for this and shsh and dfu mode....I don't know what or where to download that stuff or when to do what. Please someone help me. I would b so thankful.
    Cannot be done on the 4S at present.

Can you update a jailbroken iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vewillia View Post
    Yes you can

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

If you're wanting to get a newer firmware you can't just upgrade. You have to restore, otherwise your iPhone will get screwed up. Note that it will update you to the latest firmware and from there you will NOT be able to jailbreak on iOS 5.1 You will also not be able to get to 5.0.1 do to the fact that Apple has stopped signing it
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can update anytime you want, but your phone WON'T be jailbroken anymore. It is advised to wait for an "untethered" jailbreak before updating to a newer firmware. I recently downgraded to 5.0.1 because I don't like tethered jailbreaks. 5.1 does offer greater battery life, however. I would suggest to update when there is a tethered jailbreak in the market.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    You can update anytime you want, but your phone WON'T be jailbroken anymore. It is advised to wait for an "untethered" jailbreak before updating to a newer firmware. I recently downgraded to 5.0.1 because I don't like tethered jailbreaks. 5.1 does offer greater battery life, however. I would suggest to update when there is a tethered jailbreak in the market.
    You're incorrect there. There is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1 available from Redsn0w.

Thanks

And semi tethered

Thanks

And semi tethered
    Ya got me there

Thanks

And I win

Thanks

And I win
    Let's do it one1 style: #Winning! Lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    You're incorrect there. There is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1 available from Redsn0w.
    thank you for the correction. I meant to say "untethered" jailbreak but there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123