Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about downgrading!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    That was kind of my point in my original post, I just wasn't exactly specific enough to what I meant. If you don't know what you're doing and you follow directions nothing will go wrong (Unless something crazy happens ) If you don't follow directions it's very simple, You'll screw up in some way in some form that can lead to the harming of your device like @expl0itfinder said. And @Simon is correct, It's almost impossible to brick it but these days but if you really screw up on something (Not related to downgrading) you can brick it if you really wanted to @vbuen323 Sorry man, Not trying to start anything here... I just kinda meant what I said in like my first 2 sentences
    Starting what? I wasn't starting anything except identifying your flaws. You took it to another level when you thought I was being a jerk. I am not jerk, well maybe I am an Ahole, but that doesn't mean anything. Its all good, I'm not fighting in any way. I just stated to not call people "dumb" when they're seeking help. Downgrading has become very difficult, even when modding the "hosts" file and trying to restore through Tiny Umbrella. Apple is trying to limit all resources but the powers that be keep finding quick alternative methods. That being said, mess with your phone a little bit and you might teach yourself something.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

I mess with it all the time lol
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Anyway I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 when the first untethered came out at 2 in the morning and Cydia does have SHSH blobs saved from 4.2.10, 5.0.1, 5.1. So if I wanted to downgrade in the future what would I have to do to accomplish downgrading? I've been jailbreaking for 3 or 4 years and know how to fix some stuff but I've never downgraded or should I just watch this video and it will tell me everything I need to know?

How to Save SHSH Blobs For Downgrading Any Firmware iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad - iFaith - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyGuyJohn View Post
    Anyway I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 when the first untethered came out at 2 in the morning and Cydia does have SHSH blobs saved from 4.2.10, 5.0.1, 5.1. So if I wanted to downgrade in the future what would I have to do to accomplish downgrading? I've been jailbreaking for 3 or 4 years and know how to fix some stuff but I've never downgraded or should I just watch this video and it will tell me everything I need to know?

How to Save SHSH Blobs For Downgrading Any Firmware iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad - iFaith - YouTube
    Use tinyumbrella, download it, run it, go to the "advanced" tab and make sure "request shsh from cydia" is checked, connect your device to the computer, then hit save all shsh
    (null)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Save you blobs for future stitching. When you have created a custom IPSW, through stitching, use redsn0w to but your phone in pawned dfu mode to run through iTunes and downgrade. You might run into the infamous recovery loop but use the " manual dfu mode" to kick you out of recovery.

Thanks for the help guys. So don't or do follow the video that's the only thing I needed to know.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. So don't or do follow the video that's the only thing I needed to know.
    I use redsn0w for all my dirty business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    I use redsn0w for all my dirty business.
    Same here. I 100% agree.

Since I'm already on 5.0.1 and if i want to restore I just need the 5.0.1 IPSW using the SHIFT CLICK option in iTunes? Just a curious thought

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Since I'm already on 5.0.1 and if i want to restore I just need the 5.0.1 IPSW using the SHIFT CLICK option in iTunes? Just a curious thought
    You will need the shsh blobs and the. Yea your above comment will work. If you need a gevy or ultrasnow for unlock I would suggest to preserve ya baseband before ya restore

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dude, you haven't been reading the posts, huh? You cannot downgrade if you don't have your SHSH blobs saved. Apple has stopped signing firmware so iTunes will give you error codes before it extracts the firmware. Again, you CANNOT downgrade or restore to a clean version of 5.0.1 because APPLE HAS STOPPED SIGNING OLDER FIRMWARE.

Dude, you haven't been reading the posts, huh? You cannot downgrade if you don't have your SHSH blobs saved. Apple has stopped signing firmware so iTunes will give you error codes before it extracts the firmware. Again, you CANNOT downgrade or restore to a clean version of 5.0.1 because APPLE HAS STOPPED SIGNING OLDER FIRMWARE.
    Hey man do you mind watching the video that I posted on this thread talking about is this the right way to save SHSH blobs and I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right before I proceed. I'm sorry that I want to double check! No reason for you to be rude man and there's no reason for you to use caps and I'm also confused about the whole Cydia saving SHSH blobs and what to do when they are saved like do I have to use any other program or what?

Thanks

I don't see a video on this thread. Download tiny umberalla and then plug ya phone up tonya computer hit save shsh and it will come up with what's been saved on that phone. Then you will see what you can do from there b

Thanks

^^ That

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Didn't nerdyguyjohn already say he has 5.0.1 shsh? What's all the confusion about?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Didn't nerdyguyjohn already say he has 5.0.1 shsh? What's all the confusion about?
    ^^exactly my point!

Hey man do you mind watching the video that I posted on this thread talking about is this the right way to save SHSH blobs and I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything right before I proceed. I'm sorry that I want to double check! No reason for you to be rude man and there's no reason for you to use caps and I'm also confused about the whole Cydia saving SHSH blobs and what to do when they are saved like do I have to use any other program or what?
    Actually, I prefer not to watch the video but you can watch is as many times as you need, you don't need my approval. You started this thread for a purpose, yet you don't read anything. You claimed you've been jail breaking for 3-4 years, yet you cannot follow simple instructions posted by many others who have tried helping you. We have all posted things and have attempted to address your concerns. It would help YOU if actually read some of the stuff being posted.
    Last edited by vbuen323; 03-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Agree

^^exactly my point!

Actually, I prefer not to watch the video but you can watch is as many times as you need, you don't need my approval. You started this thread for a purpose, yet you don't read anything. You claimed you've been jail breaking for 3-4 years, yet you cannot follow simple instructions posted by many others who have tried helping you. We have all posted things and have attempted to address your concerns. It would help YOU if actually read some of the stuff being posted.

I have been jailbreaking for 3 - 4 years but have never downgraded and why do you have to act like an Adam Henry to me. When someone asks for help you don't be rude to him or her because they just want more of a clear answer to understand what to do and with the stupid questions that I get asked in person I don't act like a jerk and I chose to listen to X H4CK3R X about the dangers of it. I'm sorry that I have no idea what I'm doing and I can't believe I took a few minutes out of my day to type a reply to such a rude individual.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat with you been having the iPhone for a while and been jailbroken for a while and never downgraded lol.

Lol really 2k1? I'll just wait until 5.1 untethered comes out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast