Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No WiFi Sync option on iOS 5

Default No WiFi Sync option on iOS 5
    With my Verizon iPhone, I have successfully updated and jailbroken 5.0.1. The jailbreak is untethered and I finally have all my tweaks and cydia applications updated. I love iOS 5, but I was really looking forward to WiFi sync with iTunes. While some people are having troubles with it, I don't have the option at all. Normally you would go to Settings>>General and then the iTunes Sync option would be right there...but I have nothing but location services and a couple other various tabs. Am I doing something wrong? Please note that I set up my updated iTunes perfectly for wireless syncing, but you need to do another part on your iPhone that I can not find or do not have. Please help me since I rather not due a full restore if I don't need to. Thanks.

I have not issues at all as long as I had the option checked in iTunes. Try a restart of your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I have not issues at all as long as I had the option checked in iTunes. Try a restart of your computer.
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried that with still no luck. Once again I am fairly positive that this is on the iPhone side and nothing to do with my computer. There is no option at all on my iPhone that allows me to manually Sync via WiFi. Could it be something that I downloaded from Cydia or something to do with my Jailbreaking process?

Not sure. I had this issue in the beta where the devices would not see each other. But not since the release. I am jailbroken and it is there.

So must be something installed. Was it there before the jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Not sure. I had this issue in the beta where the devices would not see each other. But not since the release. I am jailbroken and it is there.

So must be something installed. Was it there before the jailbreak?
    Honestly I did not check since I Jailbroke it almost immediately after I finished the update. Would you recommend a clean restore or just finding the package that may cause this? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think now that I am actually updated to iOS 5, the restore should go much smoother and I would just have to go through the Cydia downloads again. Thanks for your help Cer0 I know this is very weird.

I am having this same issue.. Where iTunes wifi sync should be I just have location services labeled like this "LOCATION_SERVICES" when I boot up my phone in safe mode iTunes wifi sync is there where it should be.. Also I've noticed some other issues with my settings up such as the auto-lock feature won't changed rom 1-minute yet my phone wot lock after won't minute it just stays unlocked and ready to go until I manually lock it with the sleep/power button...

PLEASE HELP! This is so annoying