Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 won't JB!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default White iPhone 4 won't JB!
    I currently am running my white iphone 4 on 5.0.1(9A405) and have downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.10b1. Every time I try to JB it, I do the whole power button then home and power and finally just the home like usual. Then redsn0w identifies my device uploads the first packet and the second packet then it says waiting for reboot. But my device just reboots like normal. I have also tried to boot it from DFU and nothing happens when I do that either my device just boots up like normal. And redsn0w doesnt identify that it ever went into DFU mode. Also I have tried downloading and doing everything that I just said with Redsn0w 0.9.10b3. if anyone could help me I would appreciate it!
    -Hope

Hold the home button the whole time until waiting for reboot. Try that and post back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I do that then the connect USB icon comes up to connect it to iTunes. I tried it 4 different times and got the same result. Any other suggestions? Thanks btw.

i'm having the exact same problem. it goes through and seems as though it's working and then just restarts the phone without ever finishing. goes through the 1st packet and limerain but nothing else. and i've tried to hold down the home button and i'm told just as afallenhope to connect to itunes. so there are 2 of us. same problem. thanks for any help

Thanks

Did you install a fresh iOS 5.0.1 before attempting to JB? Also if you were previously on a tethered 5/5.0.1 JB you need to restore before jail breaking again. Let me know, I'll help you trouble shoot what's going on.

I have the same problem. This is a new phone I just got last week. Even tried restoring the phone and still didn't work. Had no problem with my other 2 phones that I first upgraded from the original 4.2.6 firmware. Tried dozens of times with the new one it just boots normal.

Mine was on 4.2.6 until about 3 weeks ago when pod2g said it was ok to update. So it was 3 weeks old if that matters. My last jailbreak was untethered. It was either green poison or jailbreak me. At least I'm not alone. Seems like there are a handful of people with this sawe problem. Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afallenhope View Post
    If I do that then the connect USB icon comes up to connect it to iTunes. I tried it 4 different times and got the same result. Any other suggestions? Thanks btw.
    You're holding the home button too long then.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zxszxs View Post
    Mine was on 4.2.6 until about 3 weeks ago when pod2g said it was ok to update. So it was 3 weeks old if that matters. My last jailbreak was untethered. It was either green poison or jailbreak me. At least I'm not alone. Seems like there are a handful of people with this sawe problem. Thanks again.
    Did you update and restore from a backup and then try and jailbreak?

Oops, I see you already tried 0.9.10b3
    Last edited by Whiskyradi0; 01-03-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zxszxs View Post
    i'm having the exact same problem. it goes through and seems as though it's working and then just restarts the phone without ever finishing. goes through the 1st packet and limerain but nothing else. and i've tried to hold down the home button and i'm told just as afallenhope to connect to itunes. so there are 2 of us. same problem. thanks for any help
    You're not putting the phone in DFU correctly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I updated about three or so weeks ago when I was told it was safe to sooo idk??? Maybe a whole wipe might do the trick and do a back up then JB? You think that would work?

And this was my first JB on my iPhone 4
    Last edited by afallenhope; 01-04-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Had the same problem
    Here was my solution :

Make sure you downloaded the correct IPSW for your phone.
    When you open up redsnow go into "extras" first then to "select IPSW" select the IPSW you downloaded and go back to redsnow main screen and proceed to jailbreak.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KpiL View Post
    Had the same problem
    Here was my solution :

When you open up redsnow go into "extras" first then to "select IPSW" select the IPSW you downloaded and go back to redsnow main screen and proceed to jailbreak.
    Jailbreak won't work if it is not put in DFU correctly. It has nothing to do with the firmware or the color of the phone, it has to do with the user

Quote Originally Posted by afallenhope View Post
    I currently am running my white iphone 4 on 5.0.1(9A405) and have downloaded Redsn0w 0.9.10b1. Every time I try to JB it, I do the whole power button then home and power and finally just the home like usual. Then redsn0w identifies my device uploads the first packet and the second packet then it says waiting for reboot. But my device just reboots like normal. I have also tried to boot it from DFU and nothing happens when I do that either my device just boots up like normal. And redsn0w doesnt identify that it ever went into DFU mode. Also I have tried downloading and doing everything that I just said with Redsn0w 0.9.10b3. if anyone could help me I would appreciate it!
    -Hope
    Follow the steps EXACTLY AS ILLUSTRATED in the instructions for noobs. Putting your iPhone in DFU mode has nothing to do with the color or firmware of your phone, DFU mode is a process like putting your phone in restore. Practice putting your phone in DFU mode before jail breaking, and when you're ready, redsn0w will AUTOMATICALLY identify the iPhone in DFU mode and proceed to JB. Google "putting iPhone in DFU mode"; it's all over the net, that's what the modern marvel of internet is for.
    Last edited by vbuen323; 01-04-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Some of the people haven't been using the IPSW.. The DFU could be the problem but I know I was doing it correctly, just the IPSW was not selected. So I urge people to select the correct IPSW before jailbreaking.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KpiL For This Useful Post:

HitNWakes (01-08-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Some of the people haven't been using the IPSW.. The DFU could be the problem but I know I was doing it correctly, just the IPSW was not selected. So I urge people to select the correct IPSW before jailbreaking.
    You don't need to select the IPSW file because redsnow automatically detects the build......, just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    Jailbreak won't work if it is not put in DFU correctly. It has nothing to do with the firmware or the color of the phone, it has to do with the user

Follow the steps EXACTLY AS ILLUSTRATED in the instructions for noobs. Putting your iPhone in DFU mode has nothing to do with the color or firmware of your phone, DFU mode is a process like putting your phone in restore. Practice putting your phone in DFU mode before jail breaking, and when you're ready, redsn0w will AUTOMATICALLY identify the iPhone in DFU mode and proceed to JB. Google "putting iPhone in DFU mode"; it's all over the net, that's what the modern marvel of internet is for.
    I have 3 phones as I posted first two were no problem. 3rd phone I just got a couple of weeks ago that came with 5.0.1 will not jailbreak. Obviously I know how to get it into DFU mode as I did the other 2 phones that I upgraded prior to JB from 4.2.6. So something isn't working

Had the same problem
    Here was my solution :

Thanks! Tried your way and got the phone to jailbreak with no problems!!
    Last edited by rphman; 01-04-2012 at 03:03 PM.

I'm glad to hear that it worked!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rphman View Post
    I have 3 phones as I posted first two were no problem. 3rd phone I just got a couple of weeks ago that came with 5.0.1 will not jailbreak. Obviously I know how to get it into DFU mode as I did the other 2 phones that I upgraded prior to JB from 4.2.6. So something isn't working
    First, you never mentioned you had three phones and two were working on 4.2.6. I've had every version of iOS on Verizon since the phone was available for Verizon customers, just to clarify, every single time a JB was available it worked! This is a user issue, not a phone issue. You DO NOT need to select a specific ISPW build because the CURRENT redsnow identifies it immediately once you put it in DFU mode. Let me ask you something, how did you get pass the DFU part when you selected the specific build? You still had to put it into DFU mode, maybe you just did it correct this time. What version of redsn0w are you using, by the way? Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 will not work on 5.0.1. Redsn0w releases updates for specific firmwares, not all firmwares will work for a specific version of redsn0w. When you select a specific firmware on redsn0w, it is the same as a clean restore on iTunes,sooooooooooooooo what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by vbuen323 View Post
    First, you never mentioned you had three phones and two were working on 4.2.6. I've had every version of iOS on Verizon since the phone was available for Verizon customers, just to clarify, every single time a JB was available it worked! This is a user issue, not a phone issue. You DO NOT need to select a specific ISPW build because the CURRENT redsnow identifies it immediately once you put it in DFU mode. Let me ask you something, how did you get pass the DFU part when you selected the specific build? You still had to put it into DFU mode, maybe you just did it correct this time. What version of redsn0w are you using, by the way? Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 will not work on 5.0.1. Redsn0w releases updates for specific firmwares, not all firmwares will work for a specific version of redsn0w. When you select a specific firmware on redsn0w, it is the same as a clean restore on iTunes,sooooooooooooooo what's the difference?
    I mentioned a couple posts above about the having 3, but anyways I have Jailbroken many phones (not just mine) and have no problems getting into DFU mode. I tried many times to do this certain phone and it wouldn't work. I'm using redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3 and it worked as it should on the 2 older phones, don't now why all I had to do was point it the ispw file (I did not put it on the phone, just pointed the program to the file) and it worked as it should. I know what your saying and never would have tried it, if the other poster didn't mention it. He too must have hadthe same problem and it worked for him also. Glad he posted help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast