Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help, my wife reset her JB Iphone 4.2.8, and now it's stuck in Apple logo...

Default Please help, my wife reset her JB Iphone 4.2.8, and now it's stuck in Apple logo...
    The problem I'm having is that, I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 @ 4.2.8, the last time i looked in Cydia it showed on top SHSH 4.2.8 in green, gave it to my wife today and she reset all settings...etc...and now it's stuck in the Apple logo
    I've tried TInyumbrella but it only shows SHSHs for 4.2.10/and 5.X....i haven't been able to restore it back to 4.2.8...
    Please help
    Thanks

If cydia has the sh file in green u should have no problem restorin... Once u go to 5.0 downgrading doesnt seem to work... Make sure u have the proper boxes checked in tiny umbrella

Quote Originally Posted by maxridgewood View Post
    If cydia has the sh file in green u should have no problem restorin... Once u go to 5.0 downgrading doesnt seem to work... Make sure u have the proper boxes checked in tiny umbrella
    Yeah, i have tried Save SHSHs with check and uncheck "request SHSH from CYdia", created custom ECID, same... i'm stuck , is there anything I can do? I've also tried to run redsn0w again, and it stuck at "jail breaking filesystem" , I want my untethered jailbreak back

This makes no sense, I was able to fetch SHSH from the device to Cydia using redsn0w and it said it pulls 16 SHSH blobs for 4.2.8 but it would not show in Tinyumbrella...urhhhh

If u have the sh file locally try stitchin an ipsw in redsnow wit it... What files come up in tiny when u click save?

Quote Originally Posted by maxridgewood View Post
    If u have the sh file locally try stitchin an ipsw in redsnow wit it... What files come up in tiny when u click save?
    Hi
    I have tried to stitch the SHSH blobs file(plist) to 4.2.8 firmware and restored with itunes, still no go, itunes would hang on "prepare iphone for restore" on both Recovery and DFU mode.
    When I save SHSH using TU, still nothing for 4.2.8 on both, locally and "request from Cydia" server.
    Thanks

Okay.. Heres a few things... If u are positive u have the 4.2.8 sh files for that device heres some things to help you elimanate your problem..
    First.. Always put the phone in pwd dfu mode via redsnow..
    Second.. Make sure youre computer isnt flagged via apple.. Try from another computer or at the least a new administrator account..
    Third.. Make sure youre host file is edited properly if at all.. (what error code are you getting)
    Fourth.. Try a standard 4.2.8 ipsw... Sometimes a custom bundle is a pain in the *** to get itunes to take it..
    Fifth... If all else fails u might not have the sh files for that peticular firmware... Try goin to another one.. Ex.. 4.2.6... Just to make sure youre not goin crazy...
    And lastly... U might have to sit on your hands and wait for an unteather... Only problem is theres no way to utilize 5.0.x sh files.. Ive got my phone sittin on 5.0 and have my fingers crossed...
    I just took my iphone 4 32gb into apple and they gave me a new one.. On my old one i had 4.2.6-5.0.b7 sh files... This one i have 5.0 and 5.0.1.. But again it does me no good and the longer you have to wait to restore that phone.. The more likely youre gunna have to go to 5.1 upon restore.. Unless someone figures out a new exploit like limerain u might see an end to unteather jailbreaks period.. Pretty soon the updates will happen automaticly via ota.. Right now its ota also.. Just not automatic... Yet.. Which in all reality could mean apple might find some way to disable or upgrade your (i mean all future iphone software updates) phones if they want to or detect a jailbreak or if they just want to be an *******..
    Now one thing i will say after doin my own reserch and trial and error proceedures.. Once you go past 5.0 on a verizon iphone.. If u downgrade it can no longer read the meid number.. So only go to 5.0.x if u are sure you cant restore to any 4.2.x firmware if u want to relie on an unteather jailbreak..