Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help no os on iphone

Default help no os on iphone
    So my iphone jailbroken on 4.2.1 was installing the facebook app update and I guess it froze so i shut the power off and tried to run it on and it was stuck on the jailbroken apple logo and for some reason plugged into my car charger and it went back on, but now in itunes I took a backup, (right clicked on the phone and selected backup) after that I guess I did erase all content and setting and its been stuck since, and I dont know how to restore to the backup I made. or just a stock 4.2.1 I downloaded

Hold the power button and the home for 10 secs and your phone should restart or put it in dfu mode and iTunes will ask you to restore .

Quote Originally Posted by Fox_hound View Post
    Hold the power button and the home for 10 secs and your phone should restart or put it in dfu mode and iTunes will ask you to restore .

Tried that got an error in itunes
    I used tinyumbrella to fix recovery and it went into like dos mode but went back to spinning apple logo, Tried using greenpoison and it like rebooted and showed connect cable to itunes and then redsnow I downloaded a stock 4.2.1 and did the install cydia and jailbreak, said it is tethered jailbreak now but it does not seem to be moving on the phone..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,646 Posts

It is a good practice to let us know what device we are talking about, your firmware and Baseband .
    You are not going to get your iphone jailbroken from either frozen logo , spinning wheels, recovery mode.
    From my understanding you haven't restored your iphone yet .

I recommend to "never" restore from backup..........."especially" when restoring because of a problem like that.............It really makes no sense to restore from backup to resolve a problem..............Often..............The problem just gets backed up too.

I never ever ever restore from a backup...................Ever.................Well I do.I just have my own way of backing up data.............And iTunes has nothing to do with it...........I very rarely have any problems at all.