Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Jailbreaking Question/Concern. Could use some advice?!

Default Quick Jailbreaking Question/Concern. Could use some advice?!
    Hey guys I have a Verizon Iphone 4. I have been running the IOS 5 software on it for a few months now... the one you need to get from a developer. If it helps I am currently running Version 5.0 (9A5313e) with FW 3.0.01 I am highly considering finally jailbreaking this but my understanding is all Verizon 5.0 IOS jailbreaks are tethered right? If thats the case I still might be willing to do it because I think jailbreaking is worth it and it will especially be worth it if Siri is available for jailbroken Iphone 4's in the near future. Right? Any thoughts?

So my question is of course are all jailbreaks like this tethered and whats the latest Ios out there that I can jailbreak safely? I am guessing the one I have now is not the most up to date right? Also if there are any guides on how to do this and where to download the newest IOS for it, the Itunes, etc I would really appreciate it. Anyone who helps will definitely be thanked!

For now the jailbreak is tethered, as a rule of thumb try and stay out of Cydia if your not near a computer to avoid issues. Theyre working on a non tethered jailbreak but it is Not yet known if or when there may be one.

Quote Originally Posted by tjlamro View Post
    Hey guys I have a Verizon Iphone 4. I have been running the IOS 5 software on it for a few months now... the one you need to get from a developer. If it helps I am currently running Version 5.0 (9A5313e) with FW 3.0.01 I am highly considering finally jailbreaking this but my understanding is all Verizon 5.0 IOS jailbreaks are tethered right? If thats the case I still might be willing to do it because I think jailbreaking is worth it and it will especially be worth it if Siri is available for jailbroken Iphone 4's in the near future. Right? Any thoughts?

So my question is of course are all jailbreaks like this tethered and whats the latest Ios out there that I can jailbreak safely? I am guessing the one I have now is not the most up to date right? Also if there are any guides on how to do this and where to download the newest IOS for it, the Itunes, etc I would really appreciate it. Anyone who helps will definitely be thanked!
    Unless you saved your SHSH blobs from several months ago all jailbreaks for your device will be tethered for the foreseeable future. Eventually there should be an untethered JB for your phone (for 5.0) but the timeline is completely unknown.

5.0 is the latest. It came out last week
    4.2.10 might still be available, but it's tethered too.
    Both are "safe" to jailbreak, but tethering really is a pain.

You'd be advised to wait until an untether for 5.0 is out