Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change statusbar carrier name?

Default How to change statusbar carrier name?
    Hi im new to the verizon iphone and i was wondering if someone can help me theme the carrier name on the status bar because it does not change with the theme .... Please write back or message me if you can help me .... Thankx

Check for makeitmine in cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Check for makeitmine in cydia
    This one works great.
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Same ere can't do it I've downloaded makeitmine but still won't work? Help please

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

/Thread moved to viPhone jailbreak section

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

in cydia search type in fake carrier

CleanStatus...free in Cydia...does much more than change carrier name

-60d8e429.jpg
    Last edited by fijimanfiji; 11-05-2011 at 05:38 PM.

What about replacing the verizon text with an image? cant figure this out on ios5

Thanks

You do not need to download anything to do that if you have SBSettings installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open the SBSettings app, or launch it from the more button in drop down window.

Scrool all the way down to the bottom of the page an tap on "system option"

Once that tab is open tap on "custom Carrier (MakItMine)"

A window will automatically popup and you just enter what ever you want. Close the app, let it respring and your carrier name is changed. Yes....................................

All you need is SBSettings to change the carrier name.

Simple.

Depends what kind of image you want. But try this.

Open Cydia and look for a packge called "Vmoji" (yes it works in iOS 5)

It has all kinds of symbols in your keyboard. To activate them them just tap the number sign on your keyboard and tap and hold on any number and it will give like 25 symbols to choose from for each number on your keyboard.
    Last edited by Z!G; 12-15-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z!G For This Useful Post:

serpentine5 (12-29-2011), shadow842 (01-29-2012)

Thanks

Little bit complicated for a new user don't you think? May be simple for you or me, but for some of the people on this forum they are not that educated in the jailbreak world. I think that guy left the forum a few weeks ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    Little bit complicated for a new user don't you think? May be simple for you or me, but for some of the people on this forum they are not that educated in the jailbreak world. I think that guy left the forum a few weeks ago anyway.
    I don't think? Looks like simple direction to me honestly. And now that I think of it, if I would have read these when I first started doing this, I would have understood it clearly. I think. Readingvhow to use an application is pretty easy if ya ask me. It's the tools that do the "background" work that are sometimes confusing to understand. Really I think the directions I posted could not have any simpler unless I posted a video r something.lol.
    It's not complicated. It's simple direction.

What's complicated is explaining how the package makes the changes it makes. Thats complicated. Not simply show how to make the changes.

Do ya gets what I'm saying?

Haha. He only made one post. I was talkin to no one.lol.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 12-15-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZĄG View Post
    I don't think? Looks like simple direction to me honestly. And now that I think of it, if I would have read these when I first started doing this, I would have understood it clearly. I think. Readingvhow to use an application is pretty easy if ya ask me. It's the tools that do the "background" work that are sometimes confusing to understand. Really I think the directions I posted could not have any simpler unless I posted a video r something.lol.
    It's not complicated. It's simple direction.

What's complicated is explaining how the package makes the changes it makes. Thats complicated. Not simply show how to make the changes.

Do ya gets what I'm saying?

Haha. He only made one post. I was talkin to no one.lol.
    Talking to me :P

Thanks

Whoever is reading I guess.lol
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

Quote Originally Posted by Agent929 View Post
    A little complicated yes, but as a noob, how else are we going to learn. I would rather be told a complicated step by step way of doing something so I can learn it instead of using something very simple and having a great tweak like SBSettings on my phone without ever knowing what it does.
    I am still finding new things and playing with things in SBSettings, and there is a lot in SBSettings that I dont understand and dont play with. But having a post like the above would encourage me to get into it to explore and learn.

Best post on advice ever!! THANKS A MILLION!!

Quote Originally Posted by Z!G View Post
    You do not need to download anything to do that if you have SBSettings installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open the SBSettings app, or launch it from the more button in drop down window.

Scrool all the way down to the bottom of the page an tap on "system option"

Once that tab is open tap on "custom Carrier (MakItMine)"

A window will automatically popup and you just enter what ever you want. Close the app, let it respring and your carrier name is changed. Yes....................................

All you need is SBSettings to change the carrier name.

Simple.

Depends what kind of image you want. But try this.

Open Cydia and look for a packge called "Vmoji" (yes it works in iOS 5)

It has all kinds of symbols in your keyboard. To activate them them just tap the number sign on your keyboard and tap and hold on any number and it will give like 25 symbols to choose from for each number on your keyboard.
    Thanks for this

The best way is to use Zeppelin found in cydia. It lets you use an image instead of just text.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0