Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iphone 4 jailbroken with Jailbreakme 3

Default Restoring iphone 4 jailbroken with Jailbreakme 3
    Decided I did not want phone jailbroken afterall. Jailbreakme3 is supposed to be completely reversible but did not find a way to do that. Anyone have any ideas how this is done using Jailbreakme 3??

I Have backup the backup that was done before jailbreak but when attempting to connected to itunes, I never make it into itunes for the restore. I don't have an internet connection but was told that I don't need one.

Is that true or not. That's something I need to determine before going further.

If I try to connect to iTunes I never make it there, I keep seeing the phone showing in recovery mode.

Any suggestions? No Blogs saved and don't mind updating to latest firmware just want to get back to where I was before the jailbreak.

Thanks so much for any support that can be provided.

You need Internet if your wanting to restore because iTunes has to download the 4.3.5 firmware. If your just wanting to reverse the jailbreak I suggest just updating your phone instead of restoring it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You need an Internet connection. Apple has to verify the firmware and it can't do so without connection. If you don't care about jailbreaking then just do as the above person stated, update the phone to the latest fw version.

You'll still need an internet connection to do so