Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (Q) does the 4.2.10 jailbreak work?

Thanks

Question (Q) does the 4.2.10 jailbreak work?
    ok so ive read on numerous blogs that the jailbreak for the iphone 4 on 4.2.10 is not working.. they all say that after you install an app that requires you to reboot (winterboard) that it wont boot backk up even if you run redsn0w again.. is this true.. because if it is ... damnn i got alot of work to do on my iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

on 4.2.1 you should use greenpoison rc6.1 to jailbreak it. You can reboot fine after that.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Are you asking about Verizon 4.2.10 or AT&T 4.2.1?

Verizon 4.2.10 has problems. Stay away.

Thanks

Aah, that would make more sense. World of difference that little 0 on the end makes. Missed that lol.

So in other words Verizon users are SOL when it comes to jailbreaking?

Which would be 4.2.10, correct? ***mod edit***.
    Last edited by Mes; 08-24-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Mod edit: inappropriate language

OKay thanks!

Thanks

Isn't it just a tethered jailbreak?

The AT&T equivalent of Verizon's 4.2.10 is 4.3.5 if I am correct.

I was able to jailbreak both an iPad on 4.3.5 and an iPhone 4 running 4.3.5, however it was a tethered jailbreak.

I don't think users are SOL, but it is a little annoying having to have to run redsn0w every time you need to reboot.

I wasn't able to check if the firmware worked because I didn't have it on hand, but the redsn0w you would need is 0.9.8b4. You would need to point it at 4.2.9 even if 4.2.10 is installed. Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone willing to try.

Thanks

It is tethered but from what i have heard it is not a very stable jailbreak.

It works if you want to use open ssh or stuff that doesn't require a reboot. If you install an app that requires a reboot (ie. anything that requires winterboard) then you are SOL. If you just keep it simple, then you can still have a jailbroken phone.

Thanks

yeah i was refering to 4.2.10 on verizo and heck yeah it sucks like they stated earlier.. cant seem to use winterboard or anything that requires reboot.. so i dont see the point of jailbreaking.. i think that for 4.3.5 users it does work better even with reboot apps.. i feel like us verizon users arent really cared about and are left with half way jailbreaks.. :-(

Yes it works. There are several great how to tutorials on youtube. Be aware that if you have company email more than likely you won't be able to receive it on your phone any more and if you restore the phone or unjailbreak it you will loose access to visual voicemail.

There is a way to fix your visual voicemail. You need to go into your network setting and reset them. Wait about 20-30 minutes and it should reset. Also you want to be sure to call your phone before time and leave a few messages. (This applies to both at&t and verizon)
    Last edited by arum4me; 08-26-2011 at 03:11 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to arum4me For This Useful Post:

spider.monkey (08-26-2011)

Thanks

yeah ive seen them in youtube but the jailbreak for firmware 4.2.10 is useless due to the fact that if you want to install themes you first need winterboard which requires reboot and the once you reboot the phone wont boot back up even if you do run redsn0w again and do just tethered boot up. it wont work and basicly the jailbreak is nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by spider.monkey View Post
    ok so ive read on numerous blogs that the jailbreak for the iphone 4 on 4.2.10 is not working.. they all say that after you install an app that requires you to reboot (winterboard) that it wont boot backk up even if you run redsn0w again.. is this true.. because if it is ... damnn i got alot of work to do on my iPhone
    I have the Verizon IPhone with OS 4.2.1 and nothing has worked. I have tried GreenPoison and RedSnow with no real success. I was able to sort of get the RedSnow tethered jailbreak working but it was really unstable and ultimately crashed. Didn't seem worth it to me. I would still love to find a stable jailbreak for this phone. My son has the AT&T IPhone and he has a perfect jailbreak and has had no issues with it.

Thanks

Doesnt look like there is a stable jailbreak for 4.2.10 right now unfortunately.

i accidently updated my wife's iphone 4 (Verizon) to 4.2.10. I did the tethered jailbreak and everytime i downloaded something that had to reboot the phone, the phone froze!! Had to restore it again! So i re-did it several times, even when i downloaded something that didn't require a reboot, the program or tweak didn't work! So I think the tethered jailbreak is very limited. Not worth the headache, she's just SOL (as some of you's call it) HAHAHAHAHAHA

QUESTION!!! I have a Verizon Iphone 4 (32gb-4.2.6) that is jailbroken! My wife has a Iphone 4 (16gb) that formally had 4.2.6 but now has 4.2.10. I never saved her shsh blobs for 4.2.6, but i save the shsh blobs for mine (4.2.6). My question is, can I downgrade hers back to 4.2.6, using my saved shsh blobs? That way I will be able to use an un-tethered jailbreak (Again)!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SHSH blobs are iDevice + iOS version unique. No sharing allowed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast