Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VZW Iphone 4 tethered Reboot with Cydia problems

Default VZW Iphone 4 tethered Reboot with Cydia problems
    Hey all, I'm new to these forums and jailbreaking in general. I just recently jailbroke my iphone 4 with redsn0w.(Tethered version) I understand what tethered means in the fact that you need to just boot tethered everytime you want to turn on your phone. When i recently tried to download winterboard, I hit reboot by accident. My iphone was stuck on the apple logo until i went into DFU mode and restored. My question is, when you try to install something form cydia, How do you reboot without getting stuck? All help is appreciated! P.s. I am running 4.2.10

-Kyle

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sorry, it can't be done. You still need Redsnow.
    In the future I suggest staying away from Cydia unless you're near your computer.

+1
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

I understand, But after i pressed reboot, My iphone went into the apple logo screen all while i was at my computer. I just dont understand how to download something on cydia with a tethered jailbreak. It tells you to reboot to get the tweak or whatever. What are you supposed to do to get the tweak? i'm very confused. Sorry for all of the trouble!

You will need to hook it up to redsn0w everytime and check the boot tethered option everytime

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

While you're at the computer with the phone connected .. and the iPhone screen goes all white .....:

Press home + power for about 5 seconds to turn it completely off.
    The run redsn0w and 'just boot tethered' and follow the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    While you're at the computer with the phone connected .. and the iPhone screen goes all white .....:

Stop trying to one up me and being more detailed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oops

Mes i am still quite confused, I sent you a pm that maybe can explain my problem a bit more.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    Mes i am still quite confused, I sent you a pm that maybe can explain my problem a bit more.
    Honestly, I don't know how to be more clear that this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post

What don't you understand?

I am trying to figure out how to download an app on cydia withought rebooting my iphone the normal way. After you download the app, and it tells you to reboot your iphone, What do you do? if you press reboot it just gets stuck on the apple logo. when it tells you to reboot are just supposed to shut off your iphone and just boot tethered?

Do you Understand what a tethered jailbreak is?

Ps tethered jailbreaks are out mainly for developers to test their tweaks and ect. Not really made for the everyday user

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to download an app on cydia withought rebooting my iphone the normal way. ..?
    It's impossible to do it your way. Tethered means you must use redsn0w EVERY time it needs to reboot.

So it's impossible to download anything on cydia with a tethered jailbreak?

No not at all you just have to take the extra step with redsn0w to reboot it. It's not a user friendly system

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1

lol. Okay, So you go into cydia to download something. You find whatever you need....and press download. After it's done on the black screen with all of the letters and words, It says right on the bottom, REBOOT. at this point...are you supposed to completly shut off your device and run redsn0w with the just boot tethered option?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's it! You got it

Correct not everything will ask you to reboot but any tweaks will like winter board, barrel, realsms ect

Thank you. Very much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast