Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreakme.com help.....phone is locked

Default Jailbreakme.com help.....phone is locked
    I went ahead and used jailbreakme.com today to jailbreak my iphone 4 CDMA 4.2.8. It loaded Cydia fine and when I tapped on Cydia it loaded the app fine. Everything was loading then the screen dimmed and then went black. The home button or power button would not work, I waited a few minutes then did a hard reset and i've been stuck at the apple logo for 10 mins. Plugging into iTunes doesn't help either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's what happened on the wife's phone. You'll need to restore it. Download IREB (search on google). Use IREB to get the phone into DFU mode. Then you can restore in iTunes. If you still want to jailbreak, use redsn0w.

since i'm on 4.2.8 I thought I needed Sn0wbreeze? Only thing I don't like about Sn0wbreeze is it writes a new firmware so then I have to re-install everything again.

My bad...I meant sn0wbreeze..

It's easy to get confused sometimes..

But, yes, sn0wbreeze should solve your issues.

I know having to reinstall sucks, but if you use a good pkg backup program, it can be a little less painless.

glad to know im not the only one who has had this happened, im now restoring and jailbreaking with redsn0w rc16 cant go wrong with redsn0w

Can I just load my iTunes backup once the sn0wbreeze firmware is installed or will the backup not take or wipe out the jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by JE78 View Post
    Can I just load my iTunes backup once the sn0wbreeze firmware is installed or will the backup not take or wipe out the jailbreak?
    yea you can restore from backup.

Thanks, I wish jailbreakme.com would have worked, so easy and fast I knew it was too good to be true.

One other question, if I sync my apps with iTunes does it make a backup of them as well? When I restored my backup it loaded everything important like contacts, pics, settings but it didn't save my apps.
    Last edited by JE78; 07-12-2011 at 08:33 PM.

The jailbreak solution is available in both tethered and untethered mode for all iOS versions including the latest iOS 4.3.4. You can also use unlock software to unlock both CDMA and GSM iPhone 4 and other iPhones and use any mobile service provider you like.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveiphone View Post
    The jailbreak solution is available in both tethered and untethered mode for all iOS versions including the latest iOS 4.3.4. You can also use unlock software to unlock both CDMA and GSM iPhone 4 and other iPhones and use any mobile service provider you like.
    Maybe I'm behind/slow but what jailbreak tool is available for untethered 4.3.4? I thought it was still tethered at this point.

I had to restore my ipod to.And i lost every thin i downloaded from cydia.