Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I hide WiFi network name on status bar?

Default How do I hide WiFi network name on status bar?
    I recently upgraded to 4.2.8 and now have the wifi network name showing up on my status bar. It takes up too much space, and some of the icons are not showing up anymore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Do you have any themes installed? I've never seen a WiFi SSID name on my status bar, only the signal bar.

The SSID still shows on the status bar without any themes enabled. I tried using Springtomize to remove it, but there isn't an option to remove it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've never seen the SSID on the status bar. Unless 4.2.8 Verizion is really really different from all the other iOS versions, it sounds like an installed tweak.

I cant find a tweak in the packages section of cydia that would do this? It started when I upgraded and jailbroke.

Do you have WiCarrier installed? AFAIK, that is the only way to get the connected WiFi network to show on the status bar.

I dont have WiCarrier installed.

I did a restore and the problem went away. I downloaded all of my Cydia apps one by one to see which one may be causing the issue. When I loaded SBSettings the issue reappeared. I removed it to make sure, and the problem went away. I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but it seems to be causing the issue? Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by crutchkelly; 07-07-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Of course. It's one of the SBSettings options.

Bring up SBSettings, click the More... button, go into SBSettings Options, then turn off Statusbar Wi-Fi SSID. Hit the Home button to get back to your springboard, SBSettings will respring and voila,SSID, gone

If that doesnt work you could try cleanstatus.

Thanks

I think OP adressed the issue by now hehe
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide