Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Iphone 4 Jailbreak Problems

Default Verizon Iphone 4 Jailbreak Problems
    I have successfully jailbroken my Verizon Iphone 4 with Greenpois0n. I am on firmware 4.2.6 and all has gone well. There are a few problems that have risen though, and i would like to know if you could help me out.

Problem #1: When adding source http://cydia.iphonecake.com, it verifies and then says "http://cydia.*******.com sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code(2)" I then click okay, it downloads packages and updates sources, and then freezes right there. I then hit the home button, and go back to cydia. I check my sources, and iphonecake.com is listed under entered by user. So, i click on it and try to install AppCake+ HD. It loads, and then gives me an option to cancel or reload and gives a Note saying Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed. So, i'm stuck here and cannot download appcake, my favorite source to download free apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I tried to delete it, and it gives the same sub-process /bin/bzip2 error code error again. Click okay. Error: Refreshing Data, says it failed to fetched and a bunch of other stuff. Tried reinstalling, and same things have happened.

Problem #2: When downloading themes and such, not all of the package applies. One of the big ones is the lock screen doesn't change. The slider changes, but the majority or the screen remains the same. The stock bubble lock screen. I have tried many different lock screens and none of them work. Not sure if it's just a bug that will soon be fixed.

And, i have a question about the Iphone itself. Is there anyway to get the vibrate to be longer? It's so short i can hardly even feel it even when i'm paying attention to it. And i'm a person who ALWAYS has their phone on silent and vibrate on. I use it for school, work and i just personally don't like to hear a ringtone everytime i recieve a text message. Any help?

All help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
    Last edited by i.Annie; 03-01-2011 at 12:06 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickftw For This Useful Post:

Forhad (03-01-2011)

Anyone at all? Tons of views, but NO replies. Common people, anyone got anything to add? Do i need to have a certain ***** installed, or whatever? Anything!?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 03-01-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Themes are tricky because each firmware changes a little bit and the themes seem the most affected. So since you're on the latest firmware, you can expect some themes to not work 100%.

I recently found a great solution to extending/modifying the vibration settings on your iphone. There is an app in Cydia called Vibrafications that works great. You can modify everything from sms to phone calls of specific people. It works really well.

The rest of your questions deal with piracy. Since Modmyi doesn't condone piracy, you will have to look elsewhere for your answers. Hope that helps nick

do you think there's anyway i could downgrade my iphone 4 4.2.6 to a lower firmware to help the cydia problem?

No that'll make more problems. 4.2.5 is a mess and doesn't jailbreak well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Problem #1: When adding source http://cydia.iphonecake.com, it verifies and then says "http://cydia.*******.com sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code(2)" I then click okay, it downloads packages and updates sources, and then freezes right there. I then hit the home button, and go back to cydia. I check my sources, and iphonecake.com is listed under entered by user. So, i click on it and try to install AppCake+ HD. It loads, and then gives me an option to cancel or reload and gives a Note saying Note: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed. So, i'm stuck here and cannot download appcake, my favorite source to download free apps. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: I tried to delete it, and it gives the same sub-process /bin/bzip2 error code error again. Click okay. Error: Refreshing Data, says it failed to fetched and a bunch of other stuff. Tried reinstalling, and same things have happened.
    Well, it looks like that might be a pirated app site. Not the most reliable. But aside from that, lately I have had periodic problems with my more normal repos updating properly in Cydia. Sometimes there are no errors, sometimes there are lots of POSIX errors. The current version of Cydia is creaky with age. Saurik has a new version 1.1 in the works which is supposed to be released Real Soon Now (i.e. any time between now and Labor Day).