Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get MyWi working on Verizon iPhone?

Default Can't get MyWi working on Verizon iPhone?
    When I download MyWi my springboard crashes and sends my iPhone into safemode and asks me to reset it and when I do it does the same thing until I delete MyWi. My iPhone is jailbroken using greenpoison I just want to know how to get MyWi without it crashing my springboard.

same here, I am hoping there is an update soon

same here. Latest greenpois0n RC5 used to JB my new Verizon iPhone4 running 4.2.6. No problems after the jailbreak and loading of cydia. As soon as I installed my purchased MyWi via Cydia, the phone is forced into safemode 100% of the time.

I restored my iPhone to original state via iTunes. I'd love to used MyWi on the iPhone...but I need it to work correctly first.

new update has been released for verizon

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Support of developers is encouraged here at mmi, not downloading cracked versions of apps. I understand mywi is expensive for an app at $20 USD but its a one-time fee for an extremely useful app.

No need to spend $20 on this app that doesn't even work.... Use PdaNet... it's free and does the same thing!

OK, so let me get this. You will jailbreak your phone to steal tethering from your phone company, because they charge you for it. You can pay the extra $20 a month for legit tethering, but using a cracked version of mywi is wrong. Where does your hypocrisy end?

TetherMe and MyWi both work fine on verizon iphone.
    Hmm...

I recently purchased MyWi and can't get it to work either. After I download the purchase license and try to launch it, it gives me the choice of either exiting or reboot. Even after I reboot it does the same thing over and over again. This sucks after paying 24.99 for an app.
    Last edited by Rice411; 02-20-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by medicman View Post
    OK, so let me get this. You will jailbreak your phone to steal tethering from your phone company, because they charge you for it. You can pay the extra $20 a month for legit tethering, but using a cracked version of mywi is wrong. Where does your hypocrisy end?
    Its all shades of gray. There's no technical reason that Apple/Verizon/AT&T can't enable tethering and include it without charging extra, but they do. I view paying for software as donations for good work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought myTether, gets the job done and it's 1/10 the price of MyWi...in fact I'm using it right now

it is currently working on my phone, not sure what would be causing you problems, maybe unistall and re install it???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    MyWi works perfectly on my Verizon iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tetherme works great and it's only $5!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Or PDA NET is free, it cracks me up hearing you guys complain about buying an app, when there is one that does it fine for free...sheesh...
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!