+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to remove a virus from my USB drive?

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
I have an external hard drive. I plugged that hard drive to my laptop and there was a virus in my laptop. It is a trojan virus, which deletes all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to remove a virus from my USB drive?
    I have an external hard drive. I plugged that hard drive to my laptop and there was a virus in my laptop. It is a trojan virus, which deletes all the files inside the folders and then put virus into the folder. I cannot open any folders. Whenever I try to open a folder, it gives me the DOS menu. I really need to get rid of this virus and take all my files back because there were some important files. Someone help please ASAP
    No advertising links in sigs, please.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try Reformatting and then using data recovery software

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I found the virus on my external hard drive when my system is start hanging. I check for antivirus & try to install but because of virus i am unable to start the setup. I contact the technician for virus protection, he take my system remotely and solve my problem. Now my system as well as drive is free form virus. They also provide support for adware protection.
    Last edited by Orby; 03-21-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: No advertising links, please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

USB anti virus software is available.
    install it and it remove the virus from your USB device.
    are you agree with me or my suggestion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can go with USB disk security software and will be good to scan the virus there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Scan and delete the infected files using a Antivirus scanner.Try using Malware bytes anti malware free version.

Banned
    Thanks
    this is good that there are various antiviruses are into the market to keep your external storage devices safe and clean .. but if the same task is being done by the regular computer software program covering all the safety threats well whether it's of the system or for some other aid to be used along with it.. then why to got for any specific security apps...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Formatting the USB is one option but sometimes even that doesn't helps in removing the malicious content from the USB drive..It is better you install a paid antivirus software(free one is a total waste) and than try to remove the virus.