+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help needed asap with getting to home screen after jailbreaking!!

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G using Redsn0w, but i must of done it wrong because after the iPod rebooted and i tried syncing it to my PC, a message
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Help needed asap with getting to home screen after jailbreaking!!
    I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G using Redsn0w, but i must of done it wrong because after the iPod rebooted and i tried syncing it to my PC, a message saying this appeared: "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes". Also, the iPod is at the starting screen (the one with the USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo).

I tried restoring it, but i couldn't do that since i jailbroke the iPod and the program didn't allow it.

Please help me! How can i get my ipod to the home screen and in working order?

If i need to get into the DPU mode, how do i do that?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    First of all, download Tiny Umbrella and select your iPod. Then click "Enter Recovery" if it is not greyed out. Then click "Save SHSH" and wait.
    Then if you want to restore, click "Start TSS Server". Then download the newest firmware (the bottom-most firmware or 4.3.3 or lower if it is there) listed in the box at the bottom from iPhone Downloads. Then shift click "Restore" in iTunes and find and double click the firmware you just downloaded. Let it continue through the restore, then jailbreak if you want.
    To exit restore/DFU mode click "Exit Restore" in Tiny Umbrella.

The "Enter Recovery" in TU I believe only puts it into recovery, so to put it into DFU mode, download RecBoot for Windows or Mac and follow the directions. You do not need this for anything I told you to do above, but I just added this in case you need to put it into DFU mode for some reason. Also, you do not need your iPod connected to the computer for RecBoot to work, it's just to guide you in putting it in DFU mode.
    Last edited by ihatefruit; 09-17-2011 at 08:25 PM.