Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes corrupted??

Certified KeyboardSmasher Rakim's Avatar
    In Texas behind your computer desk tryin to fix what you have broken!!
    Thanks

Default iTunes corrupted??
    I have never had any problems with my Itunes (major) that i couldnt fix, but this issue i am having now has me perplexed. For what ever reason my itunes64 bit windows 7 tells me that the software needed to communicate with the Ipod or iphone was not installed correctly.... OK simple enough i uninstalled...TOTALLY and then did a manual clean, & rebooted and then reinstalled and to my surprise the same thing.....At this point i started to search around. the web and found MANY posts where people were having the same types of issues that i was and most of the information i found outlined how to do EXACTLY what i did albeit in a different order....So i followed the instructions i found this time following the steps that i found line for line and had the same outcome as before. Despite all the many topics i was able to find on the web the overwhelming majority of them ended with no resolution outside of reinstall windows or abandoning itunes on that specfic PC none of them wound up helping me. SO i am hoping that someone may have had better luck or is familiar with the issue and can help shine some light on this for me, feel free to bring your tutorials or explanation as i am electronically inclined. Thank you in advance for any advice anyone can offer..
    Yes Sir.... I "know" you "didn't visit THOSE Kinds of sites" to make your Computer pop up those FILTHY images....
    **As I conduct an emergency disinfect of the "Family PC" Before his wife returns home.**

Thanks

Thx for the Advice, but i think we may be on different pages i wasn't referring to the itunes on my iDevice..I was referring to the Itunes on my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlmckardy View Post
    If the iTunes has got corrupted then try to save your files first. You can transfer the critical files from the device using file transfer iPad.
    Yes Sir.... I "know" you "didn't visit THOSE Kinds of sites" to make your Computer pop up those FILTHY images....
    **As I conduct an emergency disinfect of the "Family PC" Before his wife returns home.**

Thanks

A restore should get you back on track.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks

Thanks for the advice but Again, the problem lies not with my iDevices it lies within the PC on which the iTunes application resides...in other words no mater what device i attach Whenever i open ITunes it gives me an error saying that the software needed to communicate with iPods and iPhones has not installed correctly...Not in THOSE EXACT words but very close...

Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    A restore should get you back on track.

Thanks

Ohhhh I apologize, I read your post wrong. Uninstall iTunes and all of it's components, then re-install it. Hope this helps!
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks

No Prob Thx, But as I stated in the original post I tried that already I did a complete uninstall with the same result, i found thread after thread that all in some way linked back to the same apple Support articles... I followed those step by step on multiple occasions.

Thanks

I'm totally out of suggestions. Sorry. I'm going to do some research for you and get back to you with any conclusions I find.

-Jason
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks

Its not a problem no need to apologize, I appreciate your assistance and continued responses in the thread i am still searching and trying different things also.. But i am also making some data transfers and junk file trimming as the possibility of a clean install and file swap may be in the near future if i am unable to get this sorted. My iphone and ipod(s) have to work on my main PC i dont want to have to go to one of the other machines whenever i wanna do some tweaking on my Iphone. In Fact the clean install may not be a bad idea since when i originally installed Win7 64 i did it over an existing Vista installation so maybe a clean install IS in order... I really don't want to as i am such and information and file hoarder (talkin terabytes here) .... So a solution to this whole itunes fiascowould greatly aid me in my laziness with regards to installing win7 the right way....

Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    I'm totally out of suggestions. Sorry. I'm going to do some research for you and get back to you with any conclusions I find.

-Jason

Thanks

I know I've already mentioned a reinstall of iTunes but in order for it to be effective you need to uninstall Bonjour, Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Quicktime and of course iTunes.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks

Thx for the input i gave up and just did a repair install and all is well again ...Thanks again for your effort!