+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 3G Jailbreak Help

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
Hey, I have a 3G iPod touch that was previously jailbroken for a long time, until the battery died so I have to jailbreak it again. And now the previous
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod touch 3G Jailbreak Help
    Hey, I have a 3G iPod touch that was previously jailbroken for a long time, until the battery died so I have to jailbreak it again. And now the previous way I used to jailbreak my ipod, which was with blackrain, does not work anymore, or at least it does not look like it is working anymore.

I just want to know if I use one of the newer programs to jailbreak my iPod if I will lose all my stuff that was previously on it or will it still be there.

This has happened once before but I used blackrain again last time and it worked fine.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Restore your iPod and update it, then tell us what firmware you're on so someone can tell you what jailbreak you'll need.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am new at this blog/forum scene, any how I have an ipod touch, not sure of the generation model, but the firmware is 3.1.3 (7E18) and Iwould like to jail break it but not sure if the firmware is the one that will allow this. Is it posible to do this if not what would be my next course of action?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go on to Itunes, click on your device and then find newest update and then update it to 4.2.1 and then jaiilbreak it with green pois0n- Greenpois0n.com
    Ben

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do i get the the 4.2.1 firmware sorry for my ignorants but any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated

Green Apple
    Thanks

When you restore, iTunes should ask you to restore and update, so just click that and when your done just follow the instructions given here.
    Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod, Apple TV with GreenPois0n RC5 | Redmond Pie
    Your welcoMe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If that doesn't work then click on where it says your iPod and it should say check for updates the click on it then update to newest firmware.
    Ben

iPhone? More like MyPhone CrAcKzZZ's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are on 4.3.5 or 4.3.4 then you should use redsn0w 0.9.8b7. If you are one 4.3.3 or earlier then go on jailbreakme.com, hope this helped.
    redsn0w 0.9.8b7(mac): https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
    redsn0w 0.9.8b7(win):https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1