Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with jailbreak restore

Default Problem with jailbreak restore
    sup guys.
    i tried jailbreaking a brand new ipod touch 4g with 4.2.1 firmware, which didnt work at all for whatever reason and i was forced to restore. that worked fine, but now im running 4.3
    i can no longer restore due to error code 3194. i also tried DFU mode, recovery mode. nothing is working, also i can not do the shift+click to select a firmware because of the same error. anyone know how i can restore to an earlier firmware version or am i screwed?

edit:
    i tried the host file 'fix' with '74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com' but it does not work either.
    edit2:
    i did not realize the apple one needed to be at the top, so i moved it and i still receive the same error. with and without normal up to date firmware or older versions. (i am trying 4.1.1)
    Last edited by -ZR-; 03-13-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: do i need one? o.o

sounds like you dont have shsh blobs..

download tiny umbrella(google it) then open it up and hit save shsh and see if you have any

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

-ZR- (03-13-2011)

considering i have no idea what that is, no i dont have them. haha
    i already have tinyumbrella, and it also says i have none.

then your stuck on 4.3 buddy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

-ZR- (03-13-2011)

damn. when is the 4.3 jailbreak coming out? i heard they jailbroke it but didnt release it yet?

but what shsh blobs are is this..

apple signs firmwares only when they are the newest firmware (for example they sign 4.2.1 when it comes out but no longer sign 4.1 so thats why you cant downgrade)

but with shsh blobs it uses your phones eccid number and saves the signature from apple to each firmware from the time you start saving them to each device

so that way you can turn your servers away from apple and trick it into thinking it signed an older firmware as if it was the newest

Quote Originally Posted by -ZR- View Post
    damn. when is the 4.3 jailbreak coming out? i heard they jailbroke it but didnt release it yet?
    theres an unofficial jailbreak out but alot of apps rely on mobilesubstrate and its going to have to be updated in order for the apps to work correctly from cydia, but as soon as an official jailbreak is out itll be in the news section of this site
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 03-13-2011 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When I'm Good, I'm Very Good iGood's Avatar
    Thanks

Just wait for a new jailbreak to come out. Then jailbreak. It's not worth downgrading trust me!