Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Nano Hack Program: Hack my Nano

DestinyBox
    DestinyBox here! (creator of Nan0hail *iPod Nano 1.2 jailbreak*). I would like to partner up with you into creating Nan0hail. By doing this, we can combine our knowledge to develop more features and have a better jailbreak. Please email me at [email protected] to let me know if you are interested. I hope to work on this project with you! This will be great news to the iPod Nano community!
    Thanks,
    DestinyBox

To Fman22,
    DestinyBox here! (creator of Nan0hail *iPod Nano 1.2 jailbreak*). I would like to partner up with you into creating Nan0hail. By doing this, we can combine our knowledge to develop more features and have a better jailbreak. Please email me at [email protected] to let me know if you are interested. I hope to work on this project with you! This will be great news to the iPod Nano community!
    Thanks,
    DestinyBox

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Why would you even want to jailbreak a Nano? It's almost pointless because it can support so little....

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Why would you even want to jailbreak a Nano? It's almost pointless because it can support so little....
    For example, to be able to set the screen dim time (& screen sleep time) to an interval other than the default one, or turn it off completely.
    Another reason is to add more clock faces.

There are other reasons obviously, those are just two off of the top of my head.

Thanks

I fool around with iPhone's. Not Nano's lol. I guess that's why you would want to hack it (I personally would if that was the case) But the nano doesn't run iOS. It runs something that resembles a very basic and stripped down version of iOS. So it will be a bit harder to find exploits in since it is very basic and I doubt it even has a Kernel (I may be wrong though...)

What does Hacking you're iPod NANO do? If it gives you extra clock faces then count me in.. Otherwise it's completely pointless , am I right?
    Tennis is my life..
    And secondly, my passion for Apple devices..

Thanks

I said the same thing bro...

this thread almost makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fman22 View Post
    I bricked my nano and had to restore it.
    No you didn't.

Glad to hear you were able to restore, but a genuine "brick" would mean it was hosed in a way you couldn't back out of.

iPhones & 3G iPads can be bricked (allegedly) with a deranged baseband, such that only Apple can fix. iPod Touch and WiFi iPads can't be bricked, afaik.

it sounds as if what you're doing isn't going anywhere near the initial boot sequence, so you should be "ok". If early boot code isn't overwritable, no bricks in your future.
    Last edited by raduga; 03-15-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Thanks

iPod Nano does not run iOS. You would need almost every file from an iPod Touch to even come close to the features of an iPod Touch. You guys are better off getting an iPhone or an iPod Touch than you are wasting your time on a Nano. My Point: The iPod Nano does not have the capabilities externally or internally to do the things you want to do with it. You're wasting your time...
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Iv been researching alot in the nano to try to find out how to get video, and i would really like if i can work with you fman22 so we can add it in nan0hail (iPod Nano 6g jailbreak) Please email me at [email protected] Also, you will forsure be know for helping out in nan0hail (if you want)
    Last edited by DestinyBox; 03-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Default radio record !!!!! is the argument to hack it
    hi all
    ronniereif wrote i think the best argument for jailbreak a nano

you could be able tu record everywhere you are songs from radio

this is for sure possible and this songs should be legal cause recorded on your own

the first thing i did when i bought it , was to look for jailbreak to do exactly this

i think if you have a simple record button, not only that it saves the last 30 seconds but for example 1 hour so you can edit your file
    and you can pick ab the songs you want legally !!!!

best would be , but dont know if its possible , that the app recognizes where a song starts and ends , maybe some radio stations sends a start signal with every song
    but i dont know

good luck to the hackers

Quote Originally Posted by c0nn0r View Post
    Hey Guys
    If You Have Ever Wanted To hack your ipod nano 6g but did not want to in case you break it, well use my new program Hack my Nano.
    WARNING DOES NOT WORK ON 1.1 UPDATE!!!
    DOWNLOAD AT: Hack My Nano Beta 1.zip
    how to download?

Thanks

You click the 'Hack My Nano Beta 1.zip'.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Well im back ..... will try to start on a hack/ jailbreak !

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluke1977 View Post
    this is for sure possible and this songs should be legal cause recorded on your own

the first thing i did when i bought it , was to look for jailbreak to do exactly this

i think if you have a simple record button, not only that it saves the last 30 seconds but for example 1 hour so you can edit your file
    and you can pick ab the songs you want legally !!!!
    Depends on where you live.

Possibly (US, EU probably) but maybe not.
    Radio music ripping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pro1Pod View Post
    What does Hacking you're iPod NANO do? If it gives you extra clock faces then count me in.. Otherwise it's completely pointless , am I right?
    My thoughts exactly. Or, if I can add new wallpapers or replace system ones. That would be nice.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Default I can help with the drawing/animating of clock faces
    I'm not that experienced at hacking, but I have tons of free time, so I can draw/animate various clock faces.

Aside from the usual details (i.e. color, picture as background, type of hands, numbers, moving dots, color, whatever) the main info I really need to know is _HOW_ you want the work. Animated gif? Comic-strip style bitmap, strung horizontally or vertically? Some other special format by some (pre-existing) program that specializes in combining and overlapping various images into a clock face?

Even if the images have to be put into some fancy expensive program (or even just named by some unassembled C++ type program), I can still do the leg-work in doing the images or a simple storyboard showing how parts would move or light up (such as those "binary" L.E.D. watches you see on ebay like "orbitz" and "lava").

I can also do leg-work for finding sound-effects or video-clips or TV/movie screen-caps. Again, just need to know the format you want it in.

I have the new 7th Nano.

I took apart the firmware, and we're pretty much at the same problem. SilverImagesDB cannot be opened.

This might be helpful though, found it somewhere else: This is Apple's iPod 6G SilverDB file format (BIN file) Everything LSB first (x - Pastebin.com
    Talking to the songbird yesterday...

I know this is an old post, but I just acquired an iPod nano. I've had too much fun jailbreaking iPhones and iPods alike and the fact that root access is unattainable on the nano (at least currently) is driving me insane. I'm wondering if there is a way to recompile the ipsw and restore through iTunes the way whited00r works for the iPod touch 1st gen. Or is it possible to install a different OS altogether?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsquaredson View Post
    I know this is an old post, but I just acquired an iPod nano. I've had too much fun jailbreaking iPhones and iPods alike and the fact that root access is unattainable on the nano (at least currently) is driving me insane. I'm wondering if there is a way to recompile the ipsw and restore through iTunes the way whited00r works for the iPod touch 1st gen. Or is it possible to install a different OS altogether?
    The iPod uses a somewhat stripped down version of SilverOS (the iPod OS, not iOS) and there's at least a kernelcache check as well as a bootloader integrity check in hardware/ROM. An exploit would be necessary to run unsigned code.

If you're serious about it, it might be worth hacking together a tool to try to test if limera1n or steaks4uce as a bootrom exploit will get you unsigned code. However, this would entail serious reverse engineering, which is not exactly a common or easy skill...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast