+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question: How can i recover deleted iPod backups

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
Hi all, My 3rd Generation iPod Touch was originally on the iOSX 4.1 untill yesterday I upgraded it to 4.2.1 because Cydia wasent working and i unfortunently worked out that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question: How can i recover deleted iPod backups
    Hi all,

My 3rd Generation iPod Touch was originally on the iOSX 4.1 untill yesterday

I upgraded it to 4.2.1 because Cydia wasent working and i unfortunently worked out that there is no untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1.

So I have reverted it back to 4.1 and i have attempted to restore from a back up but all the backup files i found in mobilesync where for the 4.2.1 iOSX which are not compatible with my version of iPod.

Is there anyway what so ever that i can recover the backups that iTunes automatically deleted so that i can restore from those files?

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

You might have found a solution to this already...upgrade to 4.2.1 again, then restore from your backup, then shift+update to 4.1...done it before, worked fine with me upgrading to a lower firmware sounds odd but works

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can i recover deleted iPod backups
    Hi,

Attach the device to the computer where the recovery software is installed. Unless the files are overwritten by new data, the undelete software can be used to Recover deleted files from iPod. The preview feature helps you to identify the files easily.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually found an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 and i am on an iPod touch 4g. just go to www.greenpois0n.com and download your correct operating system's program. It supports windows, mac, and linux.

When I'm Good, I'm Very Good iGood's Avatar
    Thanks

yes you can ^^^