Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking hates me. Help??

Default Jailbreaking hates me. Help??
    Whattup, jailbreakers?

I have come to you today as a NOVICE, not a NOOB.

I have a 4.1 Ipod touch 3G.

It used to be a 3.1.3 Ipod Touch 3g, but I have a little brother who likes to click buttons that say "Update," and DOOSH, the jailbreak (FROM SPIRIT, and it worked like a charm.) vanished.

Now...what I have not TRIED:
    I have not tried DOWNGRADING back to 3.1.3 and jailbreaking with spirit again.
    I have not tried....redsnow...aaand the pwnage tool, and the jailbreakme....and some others.

What I HAVE tried:
    greenpoison, snowbreeze, limera1n, and blackra1n.
    the PROBLEMS:

Greenpoison: Apparently, it didn't read that I was already in DFU mode, and repetitively told me to try again (to fix this problem: RESTORE)
    Snowbreeze: At the last step, when itunes comes in and I have to restore by clicking shift and restore at the same time, an error message comes up. (RESTORE!) I think a solution is to update itunes?

I HAVE ITUNES 10.0.1.22

Limera1n and blackra1n: the icon never showed up on my ipod--you know, the one with the raindrop, where I'm supposed to click in order to get Cydia. (I didn't need to restore, it just went back to the homescreen after DFU)

My accomplishments: I know how to restore from a backup (although, this "backup" was deceiving to me, for it didn't save any of my music, just my notes o.o
    But I guess it can still be a backup... it saved my ipod's name...>.<
    Anyone know how to fix that?

My goal: My goal is to find a JAILBREAK FOR IPOD TOUCH 4.1 3G reccomended by you guys.

Thanks for your help in advance.

You still have Pwnagetool and redsn0w left to try on 4.1, or as you said you could downgrade if you have SHSH blobs saved. As to a recommendation I prefer normally redsn0w because it doesn't need a full restore but since your iPod has been threw a couple restores it won't matter anyways.
    Want to drive an idiot insane? Click Here to find out how.