Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes syncing music problem for iPhone 4

Default iTunes syncing music problem for iPhone 4
    Ok, i have an iPhone 4. I personally hate iTunes but i have to use it as that's the only program that could backup the iPhone easily.

Since i dun like and dun trust iTunes, i have ticked "Manually manage music and video" in my iTunes 10 at home.

But when i went to work, connect my phone to my work computer, that tick had gone unticked. so i tick it again, and clicked apply, the following dialogue box has shown up. if i choose erase and sync, all my music in the iPhone will erase; if i choose cancel, that means it will remain untick and I can't add songs to my iPhone or edit my songs info, etc.

Any way to get round this??

Bump. Can anyone help??
    Last edited by J@CKY; 11-04-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Not too sure if you can sync a iphone with more than one computer (at least not the same stuff). I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by J@CKY View Post
    Ok, i have an iPhone 4. I personally hate iTunes but i have to use it as that's the only program that could backup the iPhone easily.

Since i dun like and dun trust iTunes, i have ticked "Manually manage music and video" in my iTunes 10 at home.

But when i went to work, connect my phone to my work computer, that tick had gone unticked. so i tick it again, and clicked apply, the following dialogue box has shown up. if i choose erase and sync, all my music in the iPhone will erase; if i choose cancel, that means it will remain untick and I can't add songs to my iPhone or edit my songs info, etc.

Any way to get round this??

Bump. Can anyone help??
    You can I can't remember off the top off my head right now since I am not infront of a computer but in settings or something there is an authorize this computer button. You can authorize up to 3 different computers I think.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,561 Times in 7,112 Posts

Ya that makes sense, you may need to authorize your computer with your itunes account first.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Not too sure if you can sync a iphone with more than one computer (at least not the same stuff). I could be wrong though.
    There is a music swap cydia app so that u can do this but u can't view both music files at the same time you have to swap it

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    There is a music swap cydia app so that u can do this but u can't view both music files at the same time you have to swap it
    Not exactly what he is wanting to to do it sounds like

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks for the input, guys. I think I would give authorising my work computer a try. Report back lata.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Actually i think this is what he wants, it allows for you to sync your iphone music library with 2 computers at once, it's in cydia I think it's called SwapTunes see pic

If this helped please thank me on site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

I tried to authorise both computer but seems like the problem still exist.

@shanejoe
    Thanks, i have installed, but seems like SwapTunes not support iOS 4.1...
    it crash at start up...

To me the best solution is use CopyTransManager to handle my music library, but that not perfect coz it sometimes cause iTunes not recognising my iPhone. Sad....

Why don't you use audiogalaxy in the app store its free you manage your account online and allows you to store unlimited amount of music look into it its an amazing app

That's kind of streaming music from cloud, isn't it?

I dont want that... i just want to manually handle my music library like i did using other portable player... iTunes is already too trouble for me... copytrans is perfect if it does not have occasional problems

No exactly you use your itunes music sync it with audiogalaxy and make your own playlist and everything and use it as your ipod app pretty much

Thanks just trying now... but seems like it crash on start up on my i4 4.1 >_<

Thanks

There's another way to fix it that I just remembered, you have to copy a line of code in the Temp File.tmp or iTunes Music Library.xml in your Music/iTunes folder

If your okay with having the same Playlist just copy those to files from the computer your syncing to the other computer and realize you need to do this if you update iTunes as the code will change

Please thank me on site for remembering this apple iTunes whole lol

PS make sure iTunes is closed during all processes

just tried this, but seem no luck...
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Sync Your iPhone With Multiple Computers
    One is WinXP and the other computer is on Win7

May be need to try again later..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J@CKY View Post
    just tried this, but seem no luck...
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Sync Your iPhone With Multiple Computers
    One is WinXP and the other computer is on Win7

May be need to try again later..
    That what I was talking about kinda surprised you were able to find it, it took me awhile back in the day

actually I also got iPhone 4 4.1 and swaptunes does work it haven't been upgraded to 4.x it used to open up and say changing libery or some thing like that and close now it just open and close make the impression that it crashes but it don't if u download it from cydia and touch the icon once then go to your iPod music you'll see it's empty that when u sync with another computer now you got two collections of music and all u have to do is click on the swapitunes icon to move from one to the other. hope i made sence falling asleep it's 3AM

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    That what I was talking about kinda surprised you were able to find it, it took me awhile back in the day
    I came across this on the internet, but tried with my i4 4.1, still no luck... tried with both computers..

um... i think i will stick with CopyTrans Manager at work with my work computer, and make changes with my home computer's iTunes...

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    How do I get cydia???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daniellc View Post
    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi
    How do I get cydia???
    By jailbreaking your iDevice go to linera1n.com on a computer