Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CopyTransManager add media making iTunes not recognize iPhone

Default CopyTransManager add media making iTunes not recognize iPhone
    JB for a while with limera1n, i4 with iOS 4.1

very seldom use iTune but it is the only choice when i want to sync/backup all my apps, etc. However, it is not recognising my iPhone lately. It's showing an error message and ask me to restore the iPhone to factory settings...
    but everything else is fine. My pc can still detect and read my iphone, iFunbox works fine. Also, i am pretty sure it was fine after i JB the phone.

Then, i find out that it is something to do with CopyTrans Manager. I never used iTunes to handle my music/media library as i found it troublesome. SO i was using CopyTrans Manager, the latest version (0.925) to sync music to my iPhone. When i have any media file added into my phone using CopyTrans, iTunes can't recognize it. Everything goes fine after i remove them all from my iPhone, using CopyTrans. I am using latest iTunes (10.0.1) seems like i dont have such a problem when using iTunes 9.2.1

Any solution for this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi J@cky! I have this issue ever since I upgraded to iTunes 10. So I contacted the Copytrans folks and they gave me a tip to bypass that issue until they release a bug fix. Whenever you receive that message from iTunes, simply go back to CopyTrans Manager and make a slight modification of your iPod contents (like editing an artist name or some ratings). Don't forget to Update the iPod before closing the program. Then go back to iTunes and you will be no longer prompted to restore your device. Easy isn't it? Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Luky_Luke; 10-28-2010 at 02:30 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luky_Luke For This Useful Post:

amy_wil (11-16-2010), J@CKY (11-04-2010)