+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unofficial Songbird addon for sync with iPod nano 1st gen...?

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
Hey all, I've searched around the net and found nothing, but then I stumbled upon this site - and it certainly seems you have no scruples about violating EULAs and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unofficial Songbird addon for sync with iPod nano 1st gen...?
    Hey all,

I've searched around the net and found nothing, but then I stumbled upon this site - and it certainly seems you have no scruples about violating EULAs and other useless stuff.

So: I currently own an iPod nano 1st gen which I hardly ever use since I *hate* iTunes and use Songbird every day. I used to sync with the official Songbird addon, but as a result of Apple's current monopolistic policies, Mozilla was forced to abandon it.
    The addon does not function with newer versions of the iPod firmware since it is obviously no longer being updated, and now I'm looking for an alternative - so I ask you, what unofficial addons for Songbird exists capable of syncing with the iPod nano 1st gen?

I'm considering buying a smartphone soon, and iPhone 4G seems to be the best upcoming candidate, but unless there's an effective way to sync with it, I'd rather just go with HTC's Desire or something similar. Right now I just need my nano to work, though, but it would certainly be neat if whatever addon for that also works with newer products (such as iPhone 3G and, possibly, 4G once that arrives).

Thanks!
    Last edited by whoop; 05-31-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been waiting a couple of years for a Songbird sync option for the iPhone, but have learned not to keep hoping. Songbird is pretty amazing.