+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: install open ssh etc without wifi?

is a discussion within the

iPod Windows

forums, a part of the

iPod Computer Software

section;
Is there a way to install Open SSH, ******* etc without having to use wifi? I have a jailbroken (blackra1n) Ipod 1g running 3.1.2 (7D11) firmware. Help would be highly
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default install open ssh etc without wifi?
    Is there a way to install Open SSH, ******* etc without having to use wifi? I have a jailbroken (blackra1n) Ipod 1g running 3.1.2 (7D11) firmware. Help would be highly appreciated.

I threw my ipod at the wall and then wifi doesnt work

Thanks
    Thanked 9,515 Times in 5,842 Posts

That's odd, usually throwing against the wall fix's stuff. lolz. Try restoring it and then re-jailbreaking...................or dropping it from the roof of your house may work.

Oh yeah, FYI, this forum does not support or help installing warez or cracked apps, so you'll get no help with app sync.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 03-22-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if my wifi is broken then how would it help to re-jailbreak?

Thanks

No, no, no. Use cyder. It's like cydia, but on your computer. You can install cydia apps from your pc or mac. Problem is, it's a bit buggy. I found out about it because I've been somewhere for a week without wifi, and it can get hard when you have an iPod Touch. There's a guide on iPodTouchFans.com about cyder. You can find more info there. It's pretty easy to use. It doesn't have it's own website, but you can download it from MegaUpload or something. The guide on iPodTouchFans has a direct download link, I'm pretty sure.
    "Everyone knows Macs are better than PCs"
    -Me
    I'm a member of TPWDDA on Steam. Are you?
    Why did you throw your iPod at the wall?

My Jailbroken iPod running my theme available by the ModMyi repository on Cydia (Lego Star Wars Theme)

Thanks

No, don't use Cyder! With an iPod it's pretty useless. I would suggest going to to nearest McDonalds and see if they have Wi-Fi there. Or maybe see if a friend has wireless.

Hope I helped. (probably not, hehe)
    -U