+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Click wheel broken - water damage

is a discussion within the

iPod Video (5G)

forums, a part of the

iPod Models

section;
About a year ago I left my iPod 5G in my bag and a bottle of water burst open all over my iPod. Immediately made sure it was off, put
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Click wheel broken - water damage
    About a year ago I left my iPod 5G in my bag and a bottle of water burst open all over my iPod. Immediately made sure it was off, put it out in the sun for a few days then in a drying cupboard for over a week.

Took it out and connected it to iTunes to restore, everything as normal. Then when I turned it on I noticed that the volume would randomly jump up and down and the menus would scroll up and down all by themselves, obviously a click wheel problem. So I just left it for a year and now I'm thinking about repairing it, but now the click wheel doesn't work altogether.

Do I need a new logic board or just a click wheel and what should I do? I'm not really sure which one and as they cost a bit of money I don't want to end up buying the wrong one!
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks

A click wheel is only about $5 on eBay, so it would probably be best to buy one and see if that's the problem.