Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5G, 30GB iPod video error(-69) Help!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 5G, 30GB iPod video error(-69) Help!!
    I have a 5th gen ipod video that when I try to sync, iTunes gives me an error (-69). About a week ago, my daughter synced it to her friends pc and it never worked the same again....sad face ipod screen. I restored and everything works again except I cant sync my music. I've tried everything to my knowlege. Restoring, disk mode, resetting, sharepod, updating firmware, downgrading firmware, custom firmware. Im at my wits end. Can anyone help or should I sound the bugles and chalk it up to the ipod god??? I swear I spent 6-8 hours trying to find a solution. Has anyone ever used 'ipodcorrectors.com' ??

no ideas from anyone???
    Last edited by diggie2002; 11-30-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank me if I helped you out!

hmmmmm...that does sound like your ipod's screwed....
    i had a problem with my ipod touch, i couldn't ever restore, which means i'm still waiting to blackra1n it,
    but as for my ipod video it was epic enough to load rockbox on it (ipod video version of jailbreaking)
    i'd say, try to plug it into ur friends computer again, and just delete all the firmware and everything you can
    then ur ipod will be completely blank,
    then,
    before plugging it into your comp again, re-install itunes, and other measures apple advises on its help page ,
    and THEN see if it works. if not, then....
    but if you're running a pc with itunes, i went to apple store, the guy said that sometimes that is the problem, that pcs dont have all the right drivers etc.
    hope it helps, it's all i can do