Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 30gb video stuck in loop

Default 30gb video stuck in loop
    I'm trying to fix a friends ipod that seems to be stuck in a loop. When plugged into the wall or computer it says:

"please wait... very low battery"

then it will show apple boot screen

then it reads:

"w*w.apple/support/ipod" with a ipod sad face

While plugged in it continuously loops between these three screens. Anyone have ideas as to what may be wrong or what I can do?

iTunes will not recognize the ipod

it has been a while since fixing a boot loop, but if i remember correctly hold the Menu key until it goes into disc mode, then flash f/w.

forgive me, but what exactly is disk mode (what does screen look like)? and how do i flash ipod when itunes will not recognize device? sorry if these are rookie questions

disc mode looks similar to the "do not disconnect" screen except its in black and white and says disc mode. i forget exactly how to get into disc mode, but its either hold the menu button while booting or centre button or both menu and centre together. once you get the ipod to stop looping you can use a program called ipod wizard to flash f/w. you may be able to do it in itunes also if it is recognized in itunes. make sure you flash 5g f/w if you have 5g or 5.5g if you have 5.5g. i believe the 30gig is 5g.

actually after searching, the procedure is centre and play buttons to get into disc mode
    Last edited by zedbra; 12-21-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: new info

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zedbra For This Useful Post:

rp_mcmurphy78 (12-21-2009)