+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please! Icons will not move and I can't set wallpaper.

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
I was poking around my phone at around 3 am last night when I noticed i had some tweak called Wallpaper Jpegifier so my sleep deprived brain decided to delete
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help please! Icons will not move and I can't set wallpaper.
    I was poking around my phone at around 3 am last night when I noticed i had some tweak called Wallpaper Jpegifier so my sleep deprived brain decided to delete it. As i deleted it i noticed it was uninstalling the Sarif package i had, so i freaked out and quickly excited Cydia. Turns out it deleted everything anyway( or appears so in ifile) but i was worried about half uninstalled packages or something. So i went into terminal and ran apt-get autoremove which seemed to remove something and then reinstalled Sarif along with WallPaper Jpgifier then uninstalled again and resprung. When I unlocked it i noticed that my icons were all out of place and the wallpaper was a just a blank black image. Thinking nothing of it i put my icons back and set the wallpaper. Nothing happend and when I resprung again i still had no wallpaper and the icons were back in this apparent set position. For example my music is the last icon on the dock and when i move it to the front it will be back after a respring,
    So now i can't move my icons anywhere because when I respring it puts them back. I tried everything; jpg and png extensions of wallpaper images(the DCIM folder is a mix of png and jpg which is weird) i ran icleaner, clearing cached images with Sarif in settings, installed Wallpaper Jpgifier and uninstalled multiple time, selected Winterboards User wallpaper, unchecked everything on Winterboard rebooted my ipod, reset it(home and power button) Nothing's worked.
    If i select a theme the icons will change but the weird position problem remains, same with the lack of wallpaper.
    So i really do not know what to do.

Also it doesn't have anything to do with Mobile Substrate because i still have the same problem in Safe Mode.

Shorter version: Icons will not move, wallpaper is black and blank after i unexpectedly quit uninstalling Wallpaper Jpgifier and Sarif.

Things i tried:
    jpg and png extensions of wallpaper images(the DCIM folder is a mix of png and jpg whitch is wierd) i ran icleaner, clearing cached images with Sarif in settings, installed Wallpaper Jpgifier and uninstalled multiple time, selected Winterboards User wallpaper, unchecked everything on Winterboard, rebooted my ipod, reset it(home and power button)

I would appreciate it so much if someone could help me out or offer suggestions
    Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am having the same problem, it just happened to me today. I'm on a iPhone 4 on fw 6.1.3. It would be awesome if somebody knew how to fix this, because if I have to do a fully restore I will do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, if you have SBSettings installed, try resetting user DIR permissions. From the SBSettings, More, System Options screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, if you have SBSettings installed, try resetting user DIR permissions. From the SBSettings, More, System Options screen.
    To late to try that lol, I already restored and started fresh, and it fixed the problem, I made sure I backed up my tweaks, pics, and music so I wouldn't lose them all. But thanks for the help anyway =D

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,290 Times in 5,960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking here. Oh well.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!