Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW HELP!!! I cant download or install oor delete anything in cydia.

Default NEW HELP!!! I cant download or install oor delete anything in cydia.
    Well it all started when i deleted the file "dpkg" in ifile. I thought it would help but it just made it so that, when i downloaded something from cydia it gave a error code usr/bin/dpkg error 100. Also my power button does not work. I tryed a lot of stuff and still nothing. I tryed restoring my ipod touch but it gave me a error when i tryed to restore it. PLZZ CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, presuming you can still use ifile, download
    http://apt.saurik.com/debs/dpkg_1.14...honeos-arm.deb
    and install using ifile then reboot.

I downloaded it and it still did not work. When i rebooted my idevice it put it in safe mode. Help
    Plzz

Thanks

Hi, Cydia should still work in safe mode. See if Cydia lists any updates or will reinstall Debian Packager directly now. You will need to select expert or developer mode to see it.

If Cydia installs stuff ok now and you are rebooting into safe mode, then I would start by uninstalling any new/recent tweaks you have installed just prior to this problem starting.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-27-2013 at 04:23 PM.

So what do u want me to do? When i try to download, update, or uninstall anything it says something about dpkg error 100.

I cant remove any thing. There are no updates
    Last edited by jebis4ever; 07-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks

Hi, you downloaded the deb file, but did it install ok when you clicked on it with ifile? If it installed ok, you would have got an error code of zero.

It downloaded ok but the dpkg file isn't there.

Thanks

Hi, should be in the Documents or Download folder. Or you could email it to yourself and use the open in iFile option when you click on the email attachment. Have you checked the iFile trash can to see if the original deleted dpkg is there.

Quote Originally Posted by jebis4ever View Post
    It downloaded ok but the dpkg file isn't there.
    That also happens if your folder permissions are wrong. If you have SBSettings, click on more, system options, fix user dir permissions. Then try the download again.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-28-2013 at 11:37 AM.

I dont have SBSettings.

Thanks

Can you email the file to yourself?

Everything is back to normal now. Thanks for your help have a great day. Oh before i forget, i just took the file name that was in the .deb folder and i took out the one that said .dpkg that was the main file i needed. thanks again for your help man

Default pls give step by step procedure how?
    Quote Originally Posted by jebis4ever View Post
    Everything is back to normal now. Thanks for your help have a great day. Oh before i forget, i just took the file name that was in the .deb folder and i took out the one that said .dpkg that was the main file i needed. thanks again for your help man

can you pls give step by step details becuase i downloaded the files and install using ifile but still the same.

Default Downloaded a tweak and now i cant use my ipod touch!! Help plzz!!!
    there something else i need help with now. i downloaded a tweak fro cydia and now i cant open any of my apps. when i try to open cydia it crashes and it put me back to the lock screen. NEED HELP BADLY PLZZ

i download a tweak from cydia that i thought would work.... BUT IT TURNED OUT THAT IT F***'ed up my ipod touch. Now when i go to open any app or anything, it crashes my device. i've tryed respring and turning it on and off. (also my power button doesnt work) i cant open up cydia to uninstall the tweak that is causing the problem. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY. thanks
    Last edited by jebis4ever; 10-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks

Hi, have you tried powering on while keeping the volume up button pressed in (stops tweaks loading) and seeing if Cydia will open? If you have no volume up button, then you can press the clicker button on your headphones.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 10-13-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Im having another problem and its with safari. When i try to go on a site, which streams live videos from that site, it loads the page really weird, then crashes and brings me back to the home screen of my ipod touch. I tryed everything and nothing is working. HELP PLZ.

I installed the free trial of intelliscreen x which i like a lot but it made my device really slow. After that i uninstalled intelliscreen x. Then i deleted a few more things off of cydia. Which where tweaks and themes. After i rebooted my device and went of the safari web app built in to my ipod touch. I tryed to go on my favourite site that i like a lot, but once i open the page, it looked all zoomed in, then the site crashed and took me back to my home screen.

CAN SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME !!!!!!!