+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help to factory reset my iPod Touch 4g 6.1.2 JB, please.

is a discussion within the

iPod Touch Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore

forums, a part of the

iPod Touch

section;
Hello to the community! I'm quite new to iThings this is my first and now I'm here to look for help with my jailbreaked Touch 4g 6.1.2. I've learned from
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question I need help to factory reset my iPod Touch 4g 6.1.2 JB, please.
    Hello to the community!

I'm quite new to iThings this is my first and now I'm here to look for help with my jailbreaked Touch 4g 6.1.2. I've learned from several forums it's a big NO to use the factory reset on a jailbreaked device. I've learned also, if I do restore with iTunes i won't be able to activate my Touch due to the release of 6.1.3 which can not be jailbreaked yet.

Here comes the question:
    Is it somehow possible to get back my factory default 6.1.2?
    I have shsh 6.1.2 from cydia... tinyumbrella responded successful saving process, so i think that should be all right in case i need it. If not, I have shsh for 6.1.1 from apple, i don't mind to downgrade to that version if only that works.

I'm kinda desperate looking for solution for the last 2 days, but as I'm not very familiar with iStuff i might be using wrong keywords for searching. Looking forward guys, please help me out!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi awatara
    I had the same problem, solved with this link:
    How to Save SHSH Blobs Using iFaith for iOS 6.1.2

I have created a custom IPSW and then did a restore with itunes + shift method.