Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 3G stuck/disabled

Default iPod 3G stuck/disabled
    Hello All! Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3rd Gen iPod Touch. Windows 8 w/iTunes installed

iTunes recognizes iPod when connected, but I get error message indicating that I have to enter the passcode on the device in order for iTunes to be used with it.

Go to the device, and all I get is "iPod is disabled/Connect to iTunes" screen, so no passcode can be entered. My daughter has long since forgotten the passcode anyway.

So I want to restore to original factory settings.

But regardless of how I try to get into recovery or DFU, I can not ever escape the same screen above. IOW, it never goes into recovery/DFU at all. Always ends up back at the passcode/connect to iTunes screen.

The computer that we originally used to back this iPod up/update/etc. is no longer in use (i.e., dead and gone), but this computer is authorized on our iTunes account.

Any ideas? Third party software? I've jailbroken/restored several of these before, and never run into anything quite like this. When my daughter called Apple support, they-shockingly-were no help and left it at "bring it in to the store."

Thanks again for any help!!

Dan

Default Any help at all???
    Wow 600+ views and no ideas!! I think this means I may actually have to take this thing in for service!! I never thought that could happen.

Nobody has any ideas at all??? Thanks again for any help at all!