Hi there,

I have been jailbreaking for ages ....
I have an old iPod touch 1 gen 8 GB I want to sell and the same model but 16 GB I want to keep...

Both are 'up to date' 3.1.3 and jailbroken.

To get one ready for sale I checked it, and both the lock screen and home screen had user customisable wallpaper, via WinterBoard.

I went into Cydia and upgraded all necessary packages - not many on the 8 GB - mainly Cydia, Winterboard, Mobile substrate and a few others...

The to my dismay, I lost the wallpaper functionality - I can customise the lock screen, but NOT the home screen - via WinterBoard.

I did the same on my 16 GB model and the same happened - the user wallpaper on the home screen went to a black background.

I can access the file system via iFile and via iPhone Explorer but am at a loss where to begin. I even restored my 8 GB iPod to 3.1.2 and then 3.1.3 via iTunes, and re-jailbroke it - but no change, I am still stuck with a black home screen.
It is not a big deal but it is very frustrating to have the wallpaper, then to lose it when I update to the latest Cydia etc.

I wonder what would happen if i did the same to my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 but I do not want to find out. IS this a bug in Cydia, Winterboard or what. Sorry for a long post but HELP please!